Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mustang Cindy

Let's All Go to the Fair!

18 posts in this topic

So you want to go to the State Fair this year, but you're not sure you'll have time to go. Well, come along with me on a virtual visit to the Wisconsin State Fair. It's just like being there (virtually).

First, we'll go to the Expo Center and see all the latest gadgets you don't need, sold by fast-talking salesmen. Then, we'll stop by the "Milwaukee Journal Sentinel" booth to get a mini-paper. (Thanks to hand model Tori for providing size comparison.)

DSCF1293.JPG

DSCF1294.JPG

Thirsty already? How about a cold beer (beeer?)? Or a tropical drink? Don't forget to leave a tip!

DSCF1313.JPG

DSCF1310.JPG

DSCF1295.JPG

Now let's see some animals. Horses, donkeys and calves, oh my! 

DSCF1338.JPG

DSCF1334.JPG

DSCF1320.JPG

Where else can you milk a plastic cow, slide down a giant pig or see a dancing cranberry?

DSCF1318.JPG

DSCF1315.JPG

DSCF1327.JPG

Up for some sheep thrills? We can ride the Ferris wheel, the sky glider or the carousel. 

DSCF1317.JPG

DSCF1311.JPG

DSCF1342.JPG

DSCF1330.JPG

Or would you rather take a dip with a retriever? It'll be more fun than a bucket of cows! Just behave yourself and don't act like an ***(phalt).

DSCF1298.JPG

DSCF1323.JPG

DSCF1336.JPG

Finally, don't forget a gift for your honey. It will be the bees knees. 

DSCF1326.JPG

DSCF1325.JPG

There's just time for a quick game of Space Invaders before we grab our official Wisconsin State Fair creampuff and head for home. Goodbye, fair! See you next year.

DSCF1304.JPG

DSCF1344.JPG

DSCF1343.JPG

If you've enjoyed our visit, let me know.

~ Mestengo

RRWoman, I'm not the best Wisconsinite. Not that much into the high-calorie stuff. But I'm glad you enjoyed your tour.

Cindy,   Thanks for the tour of the Wisconsin State Fair.  I'm sure it has alot of neat attractions I displays. Thanks for sharing.  Best Wishes. PD

Thank you for the tour! It was almost as good as beng there, at least until you got to the cream puff. I've never seen those at our fair. Now I'm waiting for the bakery to open.

1 hour ago, Heidi n Q said:

That was GREAT!  I miss going to state fairs!

Thanks, everyone. Heidi, do you no longer have access to state fairs?Are you too far away?

I grew up attending my California County Fair and occasionally going to the State Fair.  Here in GA ... the "county fairs" are a JOKE.  NO exhibits.  NO livestock.  ONLY carnival games/rides.  There is a State Fair south of us about 2-3hrs, but I was so disappointed with the 'county' fairs that I am not sure I want to make the trek down to see.  I don't understand how there can be State Fair exhibits without the people and kids competing at the County level.  I want to see the County exhibits!