Sign in to follow this  
Jan Griffiths

Not so new newbie

Hey everyone!!!  I'm not new here, but I'm using my real name this time.  I used to be N4L back in the day, but forgot my password, got a new computer, and started my own business.  I used to drive a school bus, but now I'm painting houses.  Much more relaxing!!!  I still live in Mayer, AZ.  We paid off our house a couple of years ago, and made a lot of changes to it and our one acre of land.  We have the only in-ground saltwater swimming pool in our community (everyone else here has above ground pools, if they have one at all).  I'm so glad to be back on here, and it's great to see familiar names again.  I hope I don't forget my password again.

I remember N4L, welcome back!  

We bought a house outright last year so we also don't have a mortgage.  The new house's pool was a salt water pool but my husband asked the owner to change it back to chlorine before we closed and moved in.  There are pros/cons either way and I don't care because now I have a pool to swim in!  It is a bit of work to keep maintained (netted, brushed and vacuumed) but I don't mind because we can swim.  

When you paint houses, is it exterior painting (AZ heat, ACK!) or interiors?  I love painting interior walls.

I remember your user name too, but I may have been just lurking back then. Welcome back. You house painting people need a working vacation in KY? I hired one last summer, but I had to fire her. She painted with one hand while conversing on the cell phone in her other hand. Needless to say, there was paint where paint shouldn't be.

Hey Heidi and jubal.  I remember both of you very well.  As for house painting, I do both interiors and exteriors.  I like to get done with the job at hand; I don't converse except with the homeowner, and it's job related.  So glad you have your home free and clear, Heidi.  It's a great feeling, isn't it?  Thank you both for the welcome back.  As for the pool, we decided on saltwater, but the only thing is you have to shower afterward, or your hair gets stiff as a board.  We love it though.

It is certainly a load off our minds and our plate.  However, hubbs went a bit mad while I was gone for 6wks this summer and bought a Harley.  I guess I'm more of an ant and he's more of a grasshopper.  We need to get on the same page, though.  I want to build up our savings since we don't have a mortgage.

We have an outdoor bathroom w/ sink, toilet and shower which makes it handy to rinse off dust (mowing) before swimming or rinse off the pool water after swimming.

I do.  We have two, now.  My 1978 and my husband's 2015.  I also bought a 2016 Silverado HD 350 for the horse trailer.  

The difference is we discussed the newer vette and truck when we received the windfall.  I was gone while he bought the motorcycle and he didn't let me know for almost 2wks.  No biggie.  When he finally did let me know, I told him at the first peep of him complaining about what I spend for the care of my cats and horses, I will simply say "motorcycle" and be done.

Hi, I'm new here and never own horse but been practicing about horse back riding. I have so much interest with horse but at this time I am not capable to own one,it's pricey.