Sign in to follow this  
noponies

Wow....

What kind of work do you guys do?  Heidi & noponies?

My hubby & I do general contracting, remodeling, LOVE log anything building...we moved here from outside of Aspen,CO area where he was a log home builder.  We've been in biz since we came back to Iowa in construction.  I do equine massage as well as the books, head step-n-fetch & stupid housekeeping **** (what a waste of time cleaning house is...just open the windows & crank the hose right!!!)  We drag out to the "shop" in the winter & do some woodworking, got a nice full scribe queen size headrail up, finish it this winter with the footboard for bedframe....I think it needs to be higher but hey, once you cut it, it's GONE.  Beautiful cedar.

Always cool to get to know ya'sssss.....

Part-time librarian at local public library.

Building log homes seems so neat.  My step-dad was a construction superintendent (malls, grocery stores and other large buildings) and he built my childhood home in 1975-1976.

Edited by Heidi n Q

I'm a retired caregiver, I spent 45 years caring for special needs people, now I'm at my wife mercy, & when she speaks I jump , just can't jump as high, as I use to. PD

I'm a veterinary surgical technician, I worked mostly at the Humane Society's spay and neuter clinic..  12 hour shifts, spaying/neutering as many as 70 animals a day.

I started out in the human medical field, worked in it for a couple of years, but, who would have guessed, I don't care for most people.... LOL..... realized I don't do well with people, so......

.....the rest is history, as they say..

On 9/19/2017 at 2:30 PM, Heidi n Q said:

Part-time librarian at local public library.

Building log homes seems so neat.  My step-dad was a construction superintendent (malls, grocery stores and other large buildings) and he built my childhood home in 1975-1976.

BANNED BOOKS....SEND EM TO ME!!!  HAHAHAHA.

I'll try and find some pics of what we're up to.  Google Golden Eagle out of WI for the next job...kit homes but it's aight.  Meantime I'll make the bed and try & show ya what he's done here at home.  If we move, that sumbitch is NOT getting moved again.  

On 9/22/2017 at 10:25 AM, equicrzy said:

I'm a veterinary surgical technician, I worked mostly at the Humane Society's spay and neuter clinic..  12 hour shifts, spaying/neutering as many as 70 animals a day.

I started out in the human medical field, worked in it for a couple of years, but, who would have guessed, I don't care for most people.... LOL..... realized I don't do well with people, so......

.....the rest is history, as they say..

THAT is crazy times crazy.....round the clock #$^#^&#% flyin right!????  WTH do you pull that many animals?  I use to put that many down in a day at the pound when I was in AZ.

Humans are what's wrong with the kids & the animals...did I say parents?  HELLLLLYeah.  LMAO!!

9 minutes ago, MoonStar said:

THAT is crazy times crazy.....round the clock #$^#^&#% flyin right!????  WTH do you pull that many animals?  I use to put that many down in a day at the pound when I was in AZ.

Humans are what's wrong with the kids & the animals...did I say parents?  HELLLLLYeah.  LMAO!!

Every animal we spayed/neutered, had been adopted the previous day, over at the shelter.....we were a separate building, on the same property... .we also did the surgeries on the animals adopted from, Pima Animal Control, someone went in the morning and picked them up.

The saddest thing was, euthanizing the puppies of the pregnant dogs we were spaying....we had to do it, right in the uterus, some of us asked to let them be born and, we'd take them and care for them. It was against policy. It really sucked working there, at times.

The out and out cruelty of people, is clearly evident when you work at the Humane Society..... kittens that had been intentionally burned, a litter of pit bull puppies, mutilated by the owner, who tried to crop the ears...  .yeah, people really do suck.

I absolutely know what you do & I feel for you....used to do some super insane stuff myself for more insane "bosses".  Some of it just needs done, the rest is full on *******.  #huggs. There comes a time when you neeeeed to get to do something else in life...I know I did.

1 hour ago, MoonStar said:

I absolutely know what you do & I feel for you....used to do some super insane stuff myself for more insane "bosses".  Some of it just needs done, the rest is full on *******.  #huggs. There comes a time when you neeeeed to get to do something else in life...I know I did.

I get it. After a while, I couldn't even walk in there anymore. They'd send me to the shelter or animal control and, I'd say, "no".....I'd been there long enough, I could do that.

I can't work directly with animals, in that capacity anymore, my heart can't take it.

I currently do nothing and, am loving it.... LOL.

On 9/25/2017 at 1:44 PM, MoonStar said:

OLD DUDES ROCK.....HAIR OR NOT....

I got an old dude you can have but if you take him...you can't give him back!

Equi, no way no how could I deal with abandoned or abused animals. I'd want to hunt their abusers down and provide them a slow painful death. 

3 minutes ago, grimmie said:

Equi, no way no how could I deal with abandoned or abused animals. I'd want to hunt their abusers down and provide them a slow painful death. 

It bothered me before, but, not to the degree it does now. I remember, being at work, when an abused cat or dog would come in, several of us always broke into tears.

I can't even think of an abused animal without tearing up.....my mom was the same way, getting worse as she got older..... same as with me.

Omg, the other day, on my way to town, there were 3 horses grazing right by the roads edge, a little ways down, on the opposite side, a dead horse..... The people on this reservation care not one iota for their animals, you can't drive through there, without at least one dead dog on the side of the road. They don't contain, fence in, tie up...... nothing, just let them roam....with the highway being so close.

If I didn't occasionally to go to Gallup, I'd never go, for that reason alone.

On 10/10/2017 at 12:47 PM, grimmie said:

LMAO!!  Does he come with a keg of something good?  Maybe a laying hen?  BA!!

Talk about hunting down & screwing a few BAD abusers down, a few years back I had put up the same pic as my profile & an oldddd friend from schooldays came on & called my Sundown by his old owner's name for him & how she was best friends with them & how Sundown was such a "psychopath" and "bi-polar" because she had been around him when they had him.  Well I put the kabash on all her BS.  Those people have no business with a pet rock, let alone livestock. She continually tagged her friends to comment or even acknowledge all this, which they never did....too bad too, it would of been a **** of alot easier for them to hide behind their computer screen than the day I walk up on them....yes I know where and who they are....they actually put his papers in their names.  How the **** they blew this horse up as bad as he was & tore his eyelid back into a wad is beyond me.....it was insane.  I've promised him if I ever do get ahold of either one of them, he'll get to watch me tear on them....he likes that story.