Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkTractor

Horse's Leg...again.

36 posts in this topic

To me, that just looks stocked up, she needs to NOT be stalled, at all. If you can't ride, she needs hand walked. That needs movement. 

JMO. 

She does not stay out at night. She wont. She throws a fit. She is outside from roughly 730-dark. Honestly, she'd hurt herself if out at night from the fit she throws. 19 years of the same routine, ya know?

Right, but which is worse, throwing a fit, or swelling up? At least during a fit, she's working that leg and exercising it? Do you have a round pen or something safe to put her in? Or can she get in and out of a run in shed with a paddock?

If it's going down, you must be doing what it needs. Just keep the bedding fresh so she can get off it if she wants to.

Redneck, not trying to argue, but I feel I am doing what is best in my situation. None of my horses have EVER stayed out 24/7. They're all used to getting put away for the night. I do not have facilities for them to be out 24 hours. I also have had enough problems with neighbors (previous posts from last year) that I wouldn't even trust having them out in the dark.

Jubal, thank you. I feel were gaining on it. I gave her Bute yesterday and today which seemed to help her, too. We will get through it.