Sign in to follow this  
PaintedWishes

Friday again!

Wwoohhoo!!! So glad it's Friday again. Been a long and very busy week. Was at both the clinic and the hospital this week. We had 5 straight days of lots of rain. Today is supposed to be sunny. What's everyone up to today? Hope everyone has a great day!

Well this is a first. School was cancelled today because of the heat. It has been incredibly hot for September. 94 yesterday and supposed to be hotter today. 

I am also glad it's Friday.  Had to say goodbye to my daughter who lives in Spain and spent the summer home with us, we had such a great time, it's always sad to see her go back home, but we have already Face-timed today - hurray for technology!  Looking forward to seeing the horses this weekend and to getting the house in order and I head to Montreal for a conference next week, so I hope to get a lot done this weekend while also finding time to relax! 

TL - yup, that's so odd to cancel school on the first day of fall due to the heat in Michigan...!!

Magic, I thought it was bad when our daughter moved 1200 miles away in Texas, but Spain there is a ocean between here & Spain. Of course the world is much smaller now with jet planes & cyber space.  PD

PD - she is 28 and we are going on her 4th year living in Spain.  I have gotten used to the idea, and I love the area where she lives, it's safe and clean and actually the place where I was an exchange student over 40 years ago.  She is happy, has a great man in her life and his family treats her like one of their own, and I have a few friends there in case of emergency, so that makes me feel better. And with the ability to text and to video-chat for free anytime, it is pretty easy to stay in touch.  And she comes home for about 2 months every summer, so all in all, it's ok.  But after having such a good time together this summer, neither one of us were ready for her to go back and it's always hard to say goodbye.  Our dogs love having her home and they miss her too - the little one wouldn't eat breakfast this morning because he was missing her, I think.  Anyway, thanks for listening, it's really ok, but harder at some times than others!

Magic end of October we are going to a conference in Montreal.  To celebrate our 25 anniversary we are going to have dinner at the Ritz-Carlton.  The restaurant has 3 or 4 mitchelan star.  So looking forward to it as always want to experience a top rated restaurant.

Today kept busy working on rooms.  Managed to get caught up on all laundry.  Shortman went to grandparents for the weekend.  Oh & it was above 80 for us.  Wouldn't surprise me if it snows the first weekend of October.