Sign in to follow this  
QueenBAW

Cue the music please!?

Hey everybody! I need music! Heres the situation....

Remember this past winter when I took the girls goat tying every other Friday? Well, the first time we went I had the radio on...the girls like the current r&b/pop station and know every word to every song. My "problem" came when the girls started singing along to "Starving" by Hailee Steinfield. Whether they knew what they were singing about or not, it bothered me. So, I burned a cd with current upbeat empowering songs that we listened to every Friday goat tying trip after that lol. My list included "Scars to your Beautiful" by Alessia Carra, "Just like Fire" by P!nk and a few others. I need to start on a cd for this season as the girls grew bored of the same songs by the end of last season. The songs need to be kinda current, empowering would be awesome, preferably upbeat but I am gonna introduce them to "Rodeo" by Garth Brooks lol. Mainly just suitable for my cowgirls and not full of curse words and sexual innuendo. So...if you think of anything please help me out! 

I don't remember it having any innuendos, but one of our favorite motivational riding songs is Kryptonite by 3 doors down. The video is about an old guy that used to be a superhero, and well, you just gotta watch it. It's a few years old though. 

My niece says to her mother, " I just heard this new band, it's called, 'Deep Purple'........,my sister says, "hate to break it to ya kid, but, Deep Purple was new when *I* was your age.

13 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

My niece says to her mother, " I just heard this new band, it's called, 'Deep Purple'........,my sister says, "hate to break it to ya kid, but, Deep Purple was new when *I* was your age.

I love the crushed little faces they make when we say that, lol! :rotf:

My kid loves the classic rock.  When he told everyone at school last year he was going to see KISS they looked at him like his head was spinning.  Then he was getting talked to by the teacher for drumming on his desk singing Queen.

Much of today's music sounds like machine noise to me. I stopped listening when disco became popular. My record collection (yes, I still have them and they're popular again) dates from the 70's. And abruptly stops in the early 80's.

1 hour ago, RailroadWoman said:

My kid loves the classic rock.  When he told everyone at school last year he was going to see KISS they looked at him like his head was spinning.  Then he was getting talked to by the teacher for drumming on his desk singing Queen.

Your kid sounds so,  cool! ........or, whatever term kids are using these days.

Equi he still talks about Billy Joel concert.  But he was so hyped up at seeing Queen.  We are going to try to find time to see the Trans Syberian again.  That was a good performance last year & a favorite.

I whishs we had taken him with us to see Barry Manilow.  He would have enjoyed it.