Sign in to follow this  
Proud Dad

A new week & new month.

You don't need a door bell with a wire fox, for sure. SOME are okay with cats, ex MIL had one that would carry her cat like a toy. Cat just tolerated it, with a disgusted look on her face. But they slept together and groomed each other. :crazy:

They are VERY similar in temperament as a JRT, in fact before the AKC bench showing got hold of them and as they typically  do, and breed in extreme head type, they were basically the same dog.  (Of course now there are the "pocket JRT's, the shorties, etc... seems like soon as a breed goes AKC Bench shows, the breeders all go crazy with extremes, but I suppose that's with anything, dogs, cats, horses, etc...)

Tiger, did they give you a reason for denial?

Makes you wonder if someone were to go to a rescue adoption thing, and say, "I'm in a section 8 apartment complex, have 6 kids, Disability income, so can't afford shots or "Fixing" them,  but I need me a couple of them there pit bulls,  to babysit for me so I can go to the bar." 

They'd get approved, probably. 

:duh:

47 minutes ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

Makes you wonder if someone were to go to a rescue adoption thing, and say, "I'm in a section 8 apartment complex, have 6 kids, Disability income, so can't afford shots or "Fixing" them,  but I need me a couple of them there pit bulls,  to babysit for me so I can go to the bar." 

Red,   There is alot of truth in your post, it be might be funny another time, but it is sad when it to often rings true.    PD

1 hour ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

You're too funny!  And, probably right!

The lady did get huffy with me when I said I did not want a pit bull. Like I am too stupid to know what is good for me. 

Edited by TigerLilly

1 hour ago, TigerLilly said:

The lady did get huffy with me when I said I did not want a pit bull. Like I am too stupid to know what is good for me. 

Interesting. Bet we were right, & those pups are part pit. 

And before anyone gets huffy, I like pits, but they're not for everyone. 

I do NOT like labs, and get flak for it, lol. 

1 hour ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

Interesting. Bet we were right, & those pups are part pit. 

And before anyone gets huffy, I like pits, but they're not for everyone. 

I do NOT like labs, and get flak for it, lol. 

I don’t like pits but love labs. Haha! I get flak for hating on pit bulls, even though it is simply the personality and build that I don’t like :P

I LOVE lab mixes so long as they are not mixed with a gun dog.  Example lab Springer miclx.  Lab gun dog mix have really bad wiring.

If anyone has input on lab border or collie mix I'd like to hear your opinion

2 minutes ago, jubal said:

But aren't labs gun dogs?

They used to be, til everyone and their relatives started breeding them. Now they are mostly just yard dogs.

To me, Labs are the epitome of a soccer mom dog, a "me too" dog. 

"Oh, I live in the suburbs."

"Me too!"

"I drive a mini van."

"Me too!"

"I have 2.6 kids, 3 br 2.5 bath house, hubby has a mid life crisis Camaro, we have a Lab and 2 Bettas. Separate tanks, of course."

"Meee TOOO!"

:crazy:

I don't have a dog, but last one was a lab cross, & I couldn't have asked for a better dog,  oldest daughter has yellow labs, they are hyper, as they are still young,  & lab mountain cur cross,  he seems like a laid back dog. PD

That's the cool part, PD, if you CROSS a Lab with stuff, (Other than Pointers), they're usually pretty good dogs. & they look different. 

I will say though, I DO like the looks of a well bred lab, short, stocky, big blocky head, shorter than hocks otter tail. Not these long legged hyper backyard bred sickle tail crazy things they're calling Labs nowadays. 

Okay, I had to look up mountain cur. Out of all the pictures shown, not one looked like the other. i think they are just Heinz 57 with a fancy name. Sounds like mountain men humor to me, LOL.

4 minutes ago, jubal said:

Okay, I had to look up mountain cur. Out of all the pictures shown, not one looked like the other. i think they are just Heinz 57 with a fancy name. Sounds like mountain men humor to me, LOL.

LOL, then there's Black Mouth Cur, Yellow Cur, and a couple other ones. I think Catahoulas started out as an offshoot... might be wrong, IDK. 

jubal,  My one cousin raised mountain curs, & sold one  named Rocky, to my oldest grandson, he used him to hunt every thing including taking him bear hunting. Talk about a boy & his dog, Rocky was it, Rocky has since past on,  now my grandson is 23, & hunting doesn't hold the appeal it once did, without Rocky.  PD

Labs are horribly bred & don't look anything of what the breed standards.

Sorry but labs are to have an otter tail not something that looks like a string of spaghetti.  Do get me start on all the colors.