Sign in to follow this  
Proud Dad

New Week New Day

Good Morning,   The sun is out, a good day to get outside & enjoy it. So I hope you all have a great day.  Later.   PD

Can't enjoy a sunny day. It's raining here and I'm bummed because a skunk was in the barn last night. Why do they keep picking on my barn!

jubal,  I've had problems with raccoons for years, I use to set a live trap for the coons, & once caught a skunk, getting that trap out of barn without getting sprayed, was challenge. I no longer set live traps. learned my lesson.  PD

NP, I don't have either in the barn. 

PD, I don't mind raccoons. They don't smell bad. But I really don't want either in the barn. I'm afraid of rabies.

PD, how is your wife doing?

Been hot here in Texas. We had a nice cool front back in September but the hub's and I were so sick we couldn't enjoy it. Another one comes in tomorrow and I plan to take full advantage, lots of yard work to do.

The countdown is on for the debut of our little grand daughter, just 3-1/2 mo. to wait. :yay: :jump:

13 minutes ago, grimmie said:

PD, how is your wife doing?

Been hot here in Texas. We had a nice cool front back in September but the hub's and I were so sick we couldn't enjoy it. Another one comes in tomorrow and I plan to take full advantage, lots of yard work to do.

The countdown is on for the debut of our little grand daughter, just 3-1/2 mo. to wait. :yay: :jump:

Just 3 1/2 months, already?  Where has the time gone?

Do they have a name picked out?

I'm off to the vet in a couple of hours, for second puppy shots.

I sure hate going all that way for just shots, but, he gets an exam too and, it's nice to know he's doing well, developing as he should and, what not.

I do believe he's doubled in size since we brought him home, 2 weeks ago.

We've been using the stove already, the nights and mornings are quite cold, days have been sunny but cool. The oaks on the property are changing already, kind of early, it seems.

I need some sleep, I'm lucky to get 2-3 hours at a time, before puppy has to go out.....at least he isn't going in the house...most of the time.....only two poop accidents in the two weeks and, those were on the husband's watch.

QH,  My wife is hanging in there, she has had 5 months of Chemo, & has one more to go,  but today her feet are sore & food doesn't have the appeal to her as it should.  Mozelle is a tough person, but the chemo has definitely worn her down, but she has enough good days to bounce back, & fight again.   Sounds like you are on the downside of waiting for grandaughter to get here, it will go faster than you think. 

equicrzy,  Glad you are enjoying your new dog,  they definitely can make life interesting.  Glad your stove is keeping you warm, on those cold nights. I started ours 3 days ago I think, now I just got to get more wood cut.  PD

Warm day here, almost 90. Stormy weather is coming for this evening. Tomorrow the highs in 50's. That going to be a shock!!

Got a lot done today, even made it to the store and gym. I'm on a mission to lose 5 pounds. Sure gets hard with age.

PD, hope your wife can get her energy back.

I need to get blankets out. It's may be in the 40's by morning. I'm not ready for winter!!!!!

It's been quite warm the last few days here. We spent the weekend putting up Halloween decore outside. It looks pretty cool :) 

On the 14th we are going to look at puppies. All of them are boarder collie pups. And Bissell will be paying for all adoptions that weekend. 

Unfortunately my truck started having issues so I had to send it in. $1600 fix. That bites a little. And now I have nothing to drive until they are done. 

PD, I hope the next month goes fast for your wife.

And QH, I hope time moves fast until your granddaughter is born. I know it will fly after she's here.

I finally finished the child's chair for my sister's grandchildren. The family joke was they would be in high school before it was finished.

And here it is.

S5001355 chair.JPG

Hello!

Jubal...that chair looks super mooshy comfy....jam up job!

It was just perfect here last week & today, weekend was super soaker...what we're expecting again tonight into tomorrow.  Keeps throwing a monster wrench in getting some jobs buttoned up...nobody likes new paint running down their house.

Library was closed today so I went to the movies.  Friend was supposed to go with me but she backed out after she learned her father and one of her sisters had to evacuate their homes in California due to fires around Santa Rosa.  All we know so far is they are safe but we have no word on either of their homes.

Thanks, youall. I don't know how comfy it is. I might get stuck if I try it out! I hope it will hold up for a two and four year old. If it doesn't, I don't want to hear about it!

What a weekend!

Sunday morning, (My only day I get to sleep in!) at 8 when I got up, there's youngest offspring, laying on the floor half in, half out of the bathroom. 

"Whatcha doing, Bud?"

"Mom, I threw up, and my stomach hurts really bad right here." (points to the telltale Appendix spot.)

Dang it. 

"Load up, Buddy, road trip."

Yep. Appendicitis, we caught it in time before it burst. Doc said we did a good job, most people wait a day or so, and *usually*, you have about 36 hours from first sign of pain, until it bursts, causing sepsis. 

Laparoscopic surgery and one night inpatient, and he got to go home yesterday afternoon. 

Poor baby says to me this morning, "So, now I know what a hysterectomy feels like."  :rotf:

He's mad, he's out of football for 6 weeks, & there's only 5 left. Everyone keeps telling him he will be healed up by basketball season. He HATES basketball, lol! 

Tonight is his Court Of Honor for Boy Scouts, he made First Class Rank, so we will take him to that. He wants to go back to school tomorrow, so he doesn't get behind. Even though Doc said he can take 2 weeks off. 

Tomorrow is also his 14th birthday. He doesn't want stitches for a gift, lol!

12 minutes ago, jubal said:

^^^Good save! How do moms know all this stuff?

You don't. You learn normal and abnormal kid behavior for your particular kid. Similar to a pet, I suppose. 

T is a pretty stoic kid, doesn't whine or show pain, really, so for him to be down and showing colic like that, I just knew, I guess. (Not gonna lie, googled "Lower right abdominal pain with vomiting" and Appendix came right up. I've always heard it's nothing to play with.) 

I'm freezing!! 90 yesterday and 52 today!!

Red, glad you made a quick decision to go to the hospital! Poor kid. Hope he makes a fast recovery.

The morning is almost gone and I haven't accomplished much. Guess I'd better get busy. I still have peppers to pick and roast.

PD I hope this last chemo session goes quickly for Mozelle and she can eat enough to keep her strength up. Bless her.

Gosh Red, that is so scary but it sounds like he didn't have to suffer long. Good to have that little sucker out. My OB took mine out when I had my last C sec. I've always had peace of mind about that.

Equi, they're naming her Lyra, middle name could be Blue but still up for debate with my SIL. My daughter is having to monitor her blood sugar after her blood glucose was a little high at 22 wks. If she can't keep it down with diet and gets a GD diagnosis, she might have to give up her plan for a home birth. She's not too devastated at the possibility if she can keep most of her birth plan intact with a hospital delivery. She's consulting with her Ob next week. We have a big baby shower planned for Dec. 2nd. Gawd why is baby stuff so cute! $$$