Sign in to follow this  
horsecrazybvh

No longer horseless(almost)

So for a couple of weeks I have been chatting with a real sweet lady with 2 mares. It has really been trying my patience, as every time we are supposed to meet, something happens on one of ours ends, and we have to reschedule. And I'm not a patient person, at all. LOL. I have met her and her horses twice now, and was supposed to go tonight to finish signing paperwork and pay her, but this time something came up on my end. So we had to reschedule. 

So I will be leasing one of her mares, and I can ride both, for awhile to figure out which one suits me better. I hopped on bareback the other day, with a rope halter, after not riding for years! Thankfully, she really was a good little mare, and behaved wonderfully. But man, am I ever missing my riding muscles. Whew! My balance is not what it once was. Thankfully, and unfortunately at the same time, my husband is running back to PA tomorrow, for his cousins memorial service, and is grabbing my saddles for me. My mom was going to bring them out this week, but she got called back to work and couldn't make the trip. His cousin passed away from a life long drinking issue, so while it is sad, it has been expected. I think he is going more to be there for his sister, who was really close to their cousin, as he hasn't talked to said cousin in years. 

So I introduce you to Mia, my older child, Livia, my youngest and Spice, the mare in the background. And this little slice of heaven in the city. Chickens, goats, turkeys and beehives! I hope to make friends with the property owner and learn a bit about beekeeping from him. 

spice mia and liv.jpg

What a different face marking on the mare. Kinda looks like misplaced Groucho eyebrows. I'm sure you'll be happy to be riding again. The girls look right at home there.

I’m just so stinking happy! We move so much that purchasing a horse would be a pretty dumb idea, so this is just perfect! Plus I don’t have to worry about finding someone to watch it while I go on vacation, if I ever can go on vacation thanks to having all the house critters