Sign in to follow this  
little cow

Hello again

It's been several years, but I see some familiar names.  Hope everyone is doing well and their horses are frisky.  We're down to one pony, one horse, and one donkey, plus the little cows, of course.  We also raise some sheep (Little John's project) and we have one naughty goat.  I think everyone should have one naughty goat on their farm.  And a donkey.  Everyone needs a donkey.  :P

Hellllllloooooooooooooooooo!  I would love a donkey!  There are several properties around ours that have them and I can hear them bray in the evenings.  So glad you popped in, I've thought about you and your family a lot.

Thanks!  I hope the kitties are doing well.  I remember the cat room you guys made.  That was so cool.  Beautiful horses, by the way.  DO you have much time to ride?

I do!  I only work part time and I've been regularly riding at least once/week, sometimes twice and occasionally 3x. 
My BIL has been riding with me and I'm hoping w/ a 3rd horse that I can convince my husband to ride with us.  When BIL isn't available, I give my bestie a call and we meet at the riding trail park - it is about a 30min drive for both of us and we've had great success arriving around the same time.
Our whole house is now a 'cat room' and they love the extra space.  I do want to screen/wire in an area on the back deck with a flap-door access and shelving so they can access fresh air and sunshine at will.

Sounds great! 

I don't ride much in the summer because of the heat, so we are getting ready for trail rides now.  LJ rides with me.  He's a good rider.  My husband doesn't have a horse right now.  Maybe next year.  We are very short on time, though.  We are moving closer to town.  Building a farm from scratch.  

Whew!  Farm-from-scratch sounds like a huge undertaking ..... but you will be able to build exactly what you want.  

Well, we have a mudroom in the house plans.  Needed a mudroom, lol!

For the animals, a horse barn and a cow barn, built by someone else.  We will build the sheep barn, chicken coop and bunny house (walk in rabbit hutch, like they do in England).  We only have two fixed rabbits, but they're lots of fun. 

We are planning on building the horse and cow barns in stages, as we can afford it.  First, a roof and hay storage.  Then, individual stalls and runs.  It's just too expensive to do all at once.  Our house plan is modest, but should be comfy.

We bought the land a year ago, so I planted the pasture this past spring.  The soil has a lot of clay and the grass is much more lush.  

Edited by little cow

Sounds like a dream!  It will be nice having everything the way YOU want it.  The little bit of waiting you have to do between projects will pass quickly, you won't hardly notice the time.

Hello Little Cow!

Major undertaking, building a farm from sticks up.....material sure hasn't gone down at all......why we refuse to tear down 100 year old barn...just make adjustments!  LOL....like bolt the door back on that blew off last weekend!

I was donkey shopping a few months back....going to refine that one come spring.  We did enjoy our Pygmy goats when we had them....nothing cuter than a baby goat!

Look forward to seeing you around....I should have more time to fiddle here once the snow flies!!  Happy to meet you!!