Sign in to follow this  
NaughtyNeigh2

Another normal update...hospitals, jousting and new horses.

Hi all, again. My usual late update. 

Well. It's been a bit of a whirlwind of a few months. The last time I posted was well.....a rather messy time with all things ex related. But that's over and done and nothing to say much about that so that's that.

I've been quite busy with coblet as and when....unfortunately my health has taken a kick since September and I had a short stay in hospital. I thought I just had a cold however turned out it was tonsillitis which had gone rather bad, followed by a quinsy and one very nasty infection in my body.   So a lot of IV everything, lots of medication and ended off work for a month. I was ok and went back to work a couple of weeks ago, however went ill again last week with tonsillitis again and now back on medication yet again. But no hospital and I am back at work a week later again, just still on medication. And  have an awful case  of pityriasis rosea also on top of everything. I have to have a blood test for glandular fever in another week also.  So yes.....I've not been having the best of times. My body is currently feeling just rather run down I think. I lost a stone in less than 6 days which was rather scary. I have put it mostly back on again.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23379895_10155799222296753_3364456809745079570_n.jpg?oh=55554c1a80f4daea558991b37e69d161&oe=5A6CEF0C

But anyway. Coblet has done a couple of things since in between this time. I probably should be taking things easy......but we're weekend riders now anyway now the evenings are dark so oh well.

So a bit of our normal picture update for anyone interested!

I think we were at equifest and the carnival last......so an update from then!

So we ended up in a few magazines....

Image may contain: 1 personNo automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: one or more people

Image may contain: people sitting

No automatic alt text available.

We did some competitions

Showjumping

Image may contain: one or more people, horse and outdoor

Overall Supreme Champion showing

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sky, horse, cloud, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, horse, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, horse, grass, outdoor and nature

Our years rosettes!

Image may contain: indoor

We qualified for the national hunter trials finals again at this competition....however didn't go to the finals this year as I was in hospital!

Image may contain: one or more people, horse, grass, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, horse and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: horse, sky and outdoor

Faffing around trick training again

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, outdoor and nature

I had a non horsey night out!  Not quite brave enough to post as a pic lol.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22228270_10155710301226753_8924781453504671822_n.jpg?oh=0c00931fe7e1f12c6ebffe0509588f03&oe=5A97C527

And then we went to Cheshire for a weekend away to my best friends....and visited Somerpark which is AMAZING! It's literally heaven on earth. Miles of surfaced tracks with XC jumps all round. 

Image may contain: one or more people, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: outdoor and nature

Image may contain: horse, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: grass, sky, outdoor and nature

And now the funnest part....WE TRIED JOUSTING! I'm having lessons with this guy         http://www.historicequitation.com/   He's local and I thought it would be amazing if we could teach coblet spanish walk/piaffe/levade etc eventually. So we had a weekend training there the other weekend and whilst we were there, in between the serious schooling, played around sword fighting and tried jousting training lol! It was SO much fun.

22788633_10155764783196753_4553062998258301692_n.jpg?oh=9b4bab94b2d3b2dd78d16ef665813036&oe=5A9BE0E7

Image may contain: people riding on horses and horse

Image may contain: people riding on horses and horse

Cantering at the target

Image may contain: horse

Image may contain: one or more people, people riding on horses, horse and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, horse and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, horse and outdoor

Then we tried some 'dancing' with him and one of his Spanish schoolmaster

Image may contain: one or more people and people playing sports

Image may contain: one or more people and horse

Image may contain: people riding on horses, horse and outdoor

Image may contain: horse and outdoor

And then the mounted sword fighting commended again! Sparkles learnt his flying changes both directions doing this in his defensive getaways lol.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, horse and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and horse

Coblet was so good with it all - he was exhausted but totally enjoyed it and wasn't bothered with the fighting, weird objects being carried on him, the other horse 'attacking' him or the clanging hitting the targets in the roof.

I'm exhausted just reading about your summer, NN! You sure get a lot of mileage out of that little guy. I can't wait to see his "airs above the ground!"

Holy WOW!  I must say I was getting a little emotional at all the photos of the many things you do with your lovely stallion.  YOU, are one of my IDOLs.  I think you are amazing and I love, Love, LOVED the magazine pics!

Thanks. 

I'm OK. Back on medication currently  and got to have more blood tests done. My immune system is pretty ruined currently, antibiotics have caused just as much horrible effects and I'm picking up everything possible. But we shall carry on as normal lol. 

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

HI there.  You always have gorgeous pictures of your horses.  Thanks.

On another note, do people from the UK have trouble with certain regional accents?   I don't watch much on tv, but I was trying out 'Shetland' and that accent is difficult.  I usually don't have too much trouble with British shows.  I was wondering if it was known to be a more difficult accent?  

That would probably be a 'no'. you don't have any trouble understanding different UK accents, lol!  It must be the Scottish words thrown in.  I suppose it would be like a British tourist trying to understand our Cajun or deep Southern accents.  

I hope you recover quickly.  No fun being sick, especially when you have cute things to play with.