Sign in to follow this  
Proud Dad

Stopped in & Nobody was home.

Looks we all are living busy lives, as the hardly anybody stops to chat any more.   So Have a pleasant day. ,PD

Not too busy to say Hello and Happy Thanksgiving, PD!

Eating out tomorrow so no cooking here. I'm deep cleaning and throwing out junk! Feels good to get rid of things I never use.

Hello! I will be back to chat more. My schedule has finally quieted down. Got all the landscaping done around my place too. Just waiting now for the grass to finish growing in, in my back yard. Deep cleaned the house yesterday and this evening will do some baking. Pumpmin roll will be first up. 

Broken shower so we had to go to Ace to get the supplies to fix it.  Fixed, and I just got out of the shower after having to go upstairs for 4dys to shower!

Been busy past week.  We were full house with hunters.  So trying to catch up with h the laundry.  Then having spent 1/2 day at railroad Monday getting those duties done & had the vet out this morning for the ponies.  Oh & she was a dream to vaccinate the dogs also.  

Looking forward to having turkey & stuffing tomorrow.

We're doing a traditional Thanksgiving, as far as the fixings go, but we haven't been raising turkeys lately, so no turkey tomorrow.  Home raised chicken and beef are on the menu.  Also, some homegrown sweet potatoes.  Everything else came from the store.  

Rode my 27 year old Morgan mare yesterday.  Finally finding the time for her.  She is a bit spunky after a summer off (we don't ride much in the summer, but this one was especially busy).   Libby was a bit barn sour, so we doubled back several times until she was ready to walk home on a loose rein.  She forgot that I don't allow that.  She was lots of fun though. 

The most exciting part of the ride was when she walked through a huge spider web and had this eight-legged hitchhiker on her right ear.  He looked like a ghastly oversized earring.   Made her tilt her head slightly to compensate for the uneven weight.  :shocked:  I flicked him off and heard a thud when he hit the grass.  Yeah, we grow them BIG here.  I should have collected him for roasting tomorrow (6 extra drumsticks!!).   Libby just moved right on down the trail while I dealt with the massive beast.  A lesser horse would have lost it.  Not my brave old girl.  That's why her ancestors were war horses.  B)

I've lived with deep snow.  I prefer that to bugs, but I moved south for love.  No regrets.  

I was terrorized by a palmetto bug in the garage today.  He was really scary.  My husband and son were worried when they heard me shriek.  Then, I got the eye roll from my beloved.  I told him the bug had a knife.  And scary tattoos.  He didn't believe me.   I stepped on it and it left a big wet spot.  I wondered if I should set up cones and a "wet floor" sign...

Edited by little cow

But, all this will end soon.  We do get freezes here in the northern part of the state.  <evil grin>  :crazy:

Edited by little cow

30 minutes ago, little cow said:

I've lived with deep snow.  I prefer that to bugs, but I moved south for love.  No regrets.  

I was terrorized by a palmetto bug in the garage today.  He was really scary.  My husband and son were worried when they heard me shriek.  Then, I got the eye roll from my beloved.  I told him the bug had a knife.  And scary tattoos.  He didn't believe me.   I stepped on it and it left a big wet spot.  I wondered if I should set up cones and a "wet floor" sign...

But see, the bug is now gone. The SNOW, on the other hand, appears to last forever, and you  can't squash it.

We don't get flooding from snow.  Plus our cold winters & snow dies back fleas.  Plus it helps cut down the tick population.

First time had problems with fleas we had two back to back mild winters.  It also sucks having warmth as deer ticks will come out if temp is up.

53 minutes ago, noponies said:

But see, the bug is now gone. The SNOW, on the other hand, appears to last forever, and you  can't squash it.

Ugh....you had to say that.... I now, hate snow....it stays on the ground forever and, then we get blessed with a heavy, suck your boots off, mud.

Did I used to love winter? Yes, I did. Do I now detest it? You better believe it!  Am I currently looking for a winter home in Arizona? Oh yeah!  

I wish, the house we had there hadn't sold.....it sold in two months.

I'm a bit of a wuss in my...ahem...older age, I don't do cold, wet, frozen and, mud, too well anymore.

No snow yet, usually by now we've had at least a couple, maybe even one big one, it's been unseasonably warm.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, don't eat too much!

I'm not a fan bugs either, especially the really large ones. We have been getting those nasty little stink bugs even with the cold nights we have already had.

We have gotten early snow in the mountains here dumped on us like crazy. Some of the ski resorts on Hood have been open for a couple weeks already while the lower ones opened last week. Normal years they open Thanksgiving weekend. No snow at my house yet but lots and lots of rain. Its getting closer to my elevation though so wont be long.

Happy Turkey Day to one & all,  I might go out to eat in the PM, I've spent the last 4 days running 70 miles to see  my wife in hospital,  any prayers you can spare for Mozelle would be appreciated. She's starting to loose her will to fight, so needs a spark of encouragement.   Thanks again .  PD

Had our family Thanksgiving Day last Sunday when my sister was in town, so today is a rare down day for the BF and me. We'll be taking the pup to the dog park, working out at the 24-hour gym and then making tiny turkeys (Cornish game hens) with wild ice stuffing and asparagus for dinner. Tomorrow when the boarding stable is open again, I'll get my first trail ride in a month. Have to take advantage of the mild weather.

Best wishes to you and your family for Thanksgiving -- and every day -- PD, and positive thoughts especially for your wife. 

And a happy holiday to everyone on HC!

Mestengo

Thanksgiving with a two and four year old was not boring! 

PD, I hope your wife can get some pain-free rest at the hospital and regain her fight.

Things are not improving, & Mozelle is loosing more ground than she is gaining.  We've always faced things head on, & we'll do this the same way.  Thanks you all again for your support.  PD