Sign in to follow this  
Heidi n Q

Leftovers!

Trying something new with T-day leftovers and crescent rolls.  I'll know in a few if this was a miss or a hit.

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by Heidi n Q
added more info

Heidi that's a easy pasty.  Just missing the gravy.

Apparently there were no leftovers on the turkey train this year.  So nothing to bring home.

That is a neat idea.  A sort of Thanksgiving hot pocket?  Thanksgiving pigs-in-a-blanket?

We devastated the meats, but we have leftover ambrosia (the kids love it), mashed sweet potatoes, and homemade pie.  I do a weird thing with the pie crust.  I don't use any shortening at all.  Just unsalted butter, flour, salt and sugar.  All the flaky recipes for crust call for using a bit of shortening to make it easier to handle, but I hate the flavor.  It's more work, but very, very tasty.  The crust scraps mysteriously disappear with roving children.  I made one apple and two pumpkin.  There were only six of us, so I sent one pie home with the BIL.  I used mace instead of nutmeg in the pumpkin pie and it came out very nice.  :)

^^^I have a recipe for mashed sweet potatoes with sour cream, egg yolks, butter, and mace. And marshmallows on top. Really good and different.

Heidi, I'll take two of those leftover crescent rolls!

Edited by jubal

Those look delicious Heidi! A friend gave me a similar recipe, the kids loved them. 

We barley had left overs this year, still not sure how I feel about it. I cooked for 12 and hubby sent every one home with leftovers before I could stop him! :o

Sounds like your hubby had no intentions of eating leftovers for the next couple days. Smart way to do it.