Sign in to follow this  
Proud Dad

My Wife Mozelle.

The decision was made yesterday, by Mozelle & her DR. to bring Mozelle home for end of life therapy, provided by hospice care.  While this is sad, we were able to share some laughs & fond memories of the past yesterday. Plus we discussed some details of her last wishes. Our youngest daughter & grandaughter   in Texas, & will have time to get here & say goodbye. Both daughters seem to be handling this well, as for me I think this will hit me the hardest when it is all over. I know there will be many times when I come in the house, & expect to heart her voice & see her in her kitchen.    PD 

Mozelle went Peacefully at 11:30 PM Sunday Dec. 3rd 2017 evening surrounded by family.  While it is sad, she is out of pain, & at home with her Lord.   PD & family

Edited by Proud Dad

I am so sorry. I hope you spend time with more great memories of happy times. My heart goes out to you.

I am so sorry PD. I am glad that your family will be able to be with you and that you will be able to make some more memories. I wish there was something more I could say or do. I'll be thinking of you all. Take good care. :huggy:

Oh PD, I am so sad to hear. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Again I want to thank everybody for prayers & good thoughts.   One can never be prepared for this, but with the help from  those around us, they help ease the burden.  So far we are holding up good, my oldest daughter started to break down yesterday, but Mozelle was able to lift her spirits, with great sense of humor.  My daughter's SO, brought her down yesterday, as she had came home, the night before so broke up, he would not let her drive the 70 plus miles, & come alone.  Does our hearts good to see that she has someone that will be there for her at this time. PD

Edited by Proud Dad

I want to share this picture of Mozelle & our second oldest grandson  Eli. Eli is austistic & resides in a group home in Texas, where he is well cared for, he is 18 years old, Eli has always been special to Mozelle, so posing this to honor both of them.   This picture might be 3 years old, but you can see grandma's pride of Eli.   PD

100_1212.JPG.00ca74ee64c2af4ad8009168a69faaab.JPG

My heart & prayers are going to you & your family.  Especially to Mozelle I pray for her & continued strength for her next great journey.

There is no doubt that she will have excellent care & continued love. 

I'm am so sorry to read this:( I had hoped she was doing well but I have not been on much and may have missed some posts. Do try and take care of yourself PD. I hope all of your family are able to be there for you and your wife. 

I am so saddened to hear this.  I had hoped she would be able to return home under different circumstances.  It sounds like you both will have hospice to assist, and they are the best.  I am glad the family will have time together.  I wish upon your family, a peaceful journey.

11 hours ago, noponies said:

Is it ok if I'm a little jealous? Beauty shines from her.

NP,  We both thought your post, was a great compliment. For that we thankyou.

While this is not the desired outcome, her inner strength, & being at peace with her decision, has made this easier for all of us.  We will get through this as a family.  Thanks again for all your kind words, & good thoughts.  Best Wishes. PD

On 11/25/2017 at 9:25 AM, Proud Dad said:

The decision was made yesterday, by Mozelle & her DR. to bring Mozelle home for end of life therapy, provided by hospice care.  While this is sad, we were able to share some laughs & fond memories of the past yesterday. Plus we discussed some details of her last wishes. Our youngest daughter & grandaughter   in Texas, & will have time to get here & say goodbye. Both daughters seem to be handling this well, as for me I think this will hit me the hardest when it is all over. I know there will be many times when I come in the house, & expect to heart her voice & see her in her kitchen.    PD

So sorry to read this((( hugs))) to your family. My prayers that  mozelles journey is peaceful,and the family can also find peace in this very difficult time. ((Hugs)) PD and best wishes.. :angel3::huggy:

Oh PD I am so sorry to read this. Please know that you both are in my thoughts and in my heart. She is a lovely lady and it just shines from the words you share. Im glad I was able to send some joy to her. Love and hugs to you all.

Sending you all hugs and good thoughts. It is clear through your posts that there is a lot of love in your home, I am glad that everyone will have time together to share the love. Wishing you and Mozelle all the best and remember that we are all here for you, PD.

I too am sad to read this.  I wish you all warmth and peace.  

Oh my gosh PD, I dont know what to say. Sometimes there just arent words to express our feelings. Im wishing you, your family, and your beautiful wife lots of time together, laughter and love. Hugs to you all.

As I said another thread yesterday, my wife came home yesterday, my oldest daughter Cindy is here looking after her care, a real trooper, our youngest daughter Julie arrived here from Texas at 4AM, after driving 20 plus hours straight & covering 1200 plus miles, to get here. All is going much better than I expected, as these situations can cause stress, things have been very peaceful.  Mozelle is hanging in there, she has her struggles, but that is to be expected, good friends have stopped in to visit. Still waiting for Mozelle's brother & family to arrive  from Arkansas,  & that should be tomorrow evening. So all those closest to Mozelle will be here, Mozelle hasn't gained any ground since being home, but neither has she lost any. Still has her sense of humor, & is at peace with life, & that makes a difficult situation easier to handle.   I thankyou all for your kind words & good thoughts & prayers.  Best Wishes all.  PD & family.

There's nothing like family and good friends, to help you through tough times.

God bless you and your family, PD.

I haven't been on for a while, and this is the first thing I saw.  I'm so sorry the time is so short.  The courage and peace you both have shown is an inspiration.  My Mom had the same dignity when she lost the battle with CLL.  I know she is still looking over me.  I'm so glad your children and extended family will be by your sides. 

So glad that your family is able to gather together for you and Mozelle.  Sending you prayers.