Sign in to follow this  
PaintedWishes

Windy weekend

Good morning all! It's blustery and cold here today but at least the sun's out and it's dry. Spending my Saturday proctoring coding exams at the hospital. I only have 12 examines so it shouldn't be to bad today. I made key lime pie scones to bring with me for breakfast. Tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest. Had to use 1 for the scones and 1 for the key lime pie filling. Hope everyone has a great day!

20171208_224500.jpg

Edited by PaintedWishes

4 minutes ago, jubal said:

No fair, PW!

We just had snow flurries... enough to make the deck treacherous. Colder than a witch's hat out there!

That is NOT how I usually hear that phrase.......

PW, You are making my mouth water, now I'll need another cup of coffee to cure it!!

jubal,   We had a half inch of snow here last night, but I put back blade on my tractor & will put chains on later,  next time we'll probably have a real snow.   Can't wait until the sees catalogs come in January, they might keep warmed up until February!!!  PD

2 hours ago, noponies said:

That is NOT how I usually hear that phrase.......

Really?! How do you hear it and from whom?

Edited by jubal

PD, my next door neighbors study the seed catalogs too. They have a huge garden and must furnish veggies to half the county.

I suddenly got a subscription to Progressive Farmer. I had to email them to ask why and they said it was courtesy of Southern States. I wish they had sent it to someone else. I really don't want to read about the newest chemicals being sprayed on our food.

The snow is back and it made me put up the Christmas tree. I hope the kitty is gentle with it.:questionicon:

Edited by jubal

9 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

What???:o

Its colder than a witches teat in a tin bra mid January.

Slower than molasses going up hill in January

I can't think of any more saying about the cold.

The way I heard it, was,  "colder than a witch's teat in a cast iron bra.

Another I've heard...."colder than a well diggers arse".... had to say, "arse" but that's not the word.

28 minutes ago, jubal said:

Really?! How do you hear it and from whom?

From my mother, and as equi said, only a brass bra.

Noponies, I always heard brass bra too!

I ran a couple errands today and came home and took a big nap. I never nap. Don't know what brought that on!

Coming from town, I had 4 deer run out in front of me. One was a fawn. They cleared the fence with ease. Beautiful creatures.

Warmed up today and clear. Temps tomorrow to be 60. Yes!!

Painted, those scones look good. I love scones and a cup of coffee.

35 minutes ago, jubal said:

PD, my next door neighbors study the seed catalogs too. They have a huge garden and must furnish veggies to half the county.

jubal,  My comment about the seed catalogs was pure sarcasm. We've planted a garden for the past 40+ years, but I probably won't plant one next year,  might even get rid some berry vines, that have more weeds in them now than vines, but I want to get the neighbor lady to help with  Mozelle's flowers beds,  so there is good color here to re,member her by.  Below is just a small sample of the color I was talking about.

100_1885.JPG

100_1881.JPG

100_1905.JPG

100_1895.JPG

RRW,  Don't cry you make alot of people happy riding that rail road.  Also my farrier will be up in your area giving sleigh rides at a Christmas tree farm, he has a team of gray Perchrons. 

100_1891.JPG

100_1891.JPG

PD, your wife's flower beds are beautiful. Keeping them tended is a wonderful way to honor her. She will look down and smile!

12 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

Those flower beds are beautiful.

Yes, they are, I'd love to be able to grow flowers like that..... I love that big plant that's on the porch, someone has a very green thumb.

2 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Makes me want to cry.  I'd love to have flower beds & potted plants at the farm but I'm never home.  

I just can't seem to keep potted plants and flowers alive for very long.

PD, the flowers are beautiful. I know how much work and planning that takes.  

And all you potty mouths--- I know what the expression is. But I wasn't going to say that on a public forum! (Like you did)

Edited by jubal

1 hour ago, jubal said:

PD, the flowers are beautiful. I know how much work and planning that takes.  

And all you potty mouths--- I know what the expression is. But I wasn't going to say that on a public forum! (Like you did)

jubal,  You crack me up at times.   Glad you all likes Mozelle's flowers.

I leave tomorrow AM on the last leg of Mozelle's final fairwell, there will be a hour visitation prior to funeral on Tuesday, at noon, with service to follow at 1PM, & then burial.  Just got done watering her house plants, & moped myself into corner into computer room. it will be dry by the time I get done playing on here.  See you al in a few days.   PD

I don't know which one of you Northerners left the dang freezer door open, but it's a *** nipply out.  :P

If ya'll don't shut it, quick, I'll send pictures of pouting Southern animals that don't appreciate being cold.  The goat and yearling donkey were snuffling and pouting this morning and the old hen was all fluffed up.  The sheep, the Morgan mare, and Shetland Pony were happy and warm in their winter coats (they don't get to use them often enough).  We got a bit of January in December.  Many times, Christmas warms up into a nice day down here.  January gets the freezes.  

Thought everyone wished for a white Christmas.  

If the southern chill continues it is going to be really hard to pack.  We only travel with the little Spirit bags.  Looks like we will be wearing warm layers on the plane.  Pack the lighter. To large purchases get shipped home.

Boy I'm lucky that Shortman likes cutoffs for shorts.  He blew the knee in his favorite pair of jeans.  Asked if he wanted them made into shorts for the trip.  Course he agreed but wanted them to be a tad longer.  Umm sorry but it us going to be where the hole is.  Get them done & somehow managed to get one leg longer than the other.  No sure how managed that:confused0024:. But got it fixed.

I got my tree up and decorated yesterday. Somehow, that tree got heavier than last year. At this rate, I won't be able to put it up next year! The "new" kitty, Grace, went straight to the velvet tree skirt and curled up. She hasn't bothered the ornaments. She's the best behaved kitty I've ever had. I think she's just grateful to have a home.