Sign in to follow this  
noponies

36 and cloudy

I was just in the barn for about 30 minutes and my hands were hurting from the cold. It's supposed to be 19, but I don't believe it. Going to 9 tonight. Oh joy! Boarding my horse next winter is looking better and better.

9° here, currently. Snow has stopped. These storms always make me wonder if I really need horses. Thankfully my brother brought his snowmobile over, and is leaving it here. So now I have a path to the barn.

51 minutes ago, noponies said:

Is it warm? My feet have been cold for days.

It's warm, if I don't have the window cracked, because, it gets kind of too warm with the wood stove.... I need to have some ventilation.

equicrzy,   Glad it is warmer some place,  just checked 2 different thermometers, one says -5 degrees & the other says -15 degrees, but sun was out today, with no breeze,  so as long as I was dressed warm, I could stand it, for a short period of time.   PD

Still holding......blue skies, sunshine and, clear......very, not typical late December weather......I'm not complaining, at ALL! 

People that say, " but we need the moisture," need to shut up.....LOL

It is 5 above here, & overcast,  a improvement from 5 below 0.  I've always heard that your greater danger of sunburn is when it is overcast. Do you suppose I should becareful today?    PD

20° when I got up, it's warmer than yesterday at this time.

Still sunny and clear. Should warm up to the 50's....low 50's..... I can live with this!  

It's so dry, it's dusty.... we're usually either knee deep in snow or, mud.

equicrzy,  Maybe that warm weather you are having, will work it's way north, as some our weather comes out of the south-west.  At least I can hope it will make it this far north.

1 hour ago, jubal said:

PD, I think you should be more wary of frostbite than sunburn! It's going to 30 here today. Heatwave!

jubal, I do dress warm when I go out doors, generally have on 2 sets of clothes,  I do get a bit sarcastic at times, besides when the weather is not the best, much easier to laugh at it, than complain. PD

2 hours ago, noponies said:

Hey, PD! Pass the sunscreen!

np,   I just checked & I'm out of sunscreen, going to town later, will check to see if Wal Mart has any on their shelves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PD

Hubby went home to a house with no running water is n upper bath.  Been a good 10-13 years since that's happened.  The brainiacts who moved the house to the current spot placed it so the pipes are on the north.  

Luckily  the downstairs bath still running

It is currently -2 degrees,  it will have to warm up some where down the road. We had snow showers today also, might have gotten a half inch. 

RRW,  Welcome back to the land of Shovel & Swat,  Glad you had a chance to get away.    PD

Yup.  Already shoveled a little, have some more to do.

Today is supposed to be a balmy -4.  Tuesday we get our tropical heatwave of 10.  That's still a good three days away so we will see.