Sign in to follow this  
noponies

36 and cloudy

RRW,   I made a trip over to Marshfield today, to meet up with some cousins, I don't think temp ever got above 0, It was 14 below when I started at 10:30 AM & back down to 9 below when I returned at 5PM.  The New year has to have some warmer temps in it.  PD

It got up to 60 yesterday. I don't know how today will pan out.  I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

My SIL in Arkansas  texted me this AM to tell me it was snowing & temp was 4 degrees & wind chill was -20,  that had to be cold there. PD

3 hours ago, equicrzy said:

It got up to 60 yesterday. I don't know how today will pan out.  I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I think there has been a mistake. Equicrzy, I want my weather back!!!!

Just now, Danyel said:

I think there has been a mistake. Equicrzy, I want my weather back!!!!

I'm  not giving it back!  Lol..... when it leaves, I'll have that nasty white stuff all over the place.

np,  It is -16 here, long range forecast is for warmer temps next week.  We'll see what Mother Nature has in store for us.  PD

45 minutes ago, Danyel said:

It is just stupid cold! 10:30 am and it is only 9°.

I would LOVE to have 9 degrees right now. At least its above 0

Sunny, clear, cold. 45° on the front porch, but, it's in the shade, it's probably warmer where the sun hits.......duh, huh!?

They used the "S" word down here.  We had some sleet yesterday.  Wednesday was the day they thought snow might come, but it looks like the temperatures might come up a bit too high for that.  We get cold, sometimes even down to the teens, but it is always dry, windy cold.  We have a few flurries now and then, but they never stick and the flakes are tiny.  The last time we actually had white stuff stick was 1989.  It would be fun to see how our animals react.  I remember my first horse and her introduction to Colorado snow.  Funniest thing I ever saw.   "SNORT, SNORT, snuffle, snuffle..."

Edited by little cow

It's cold out there this morning, but, sunny and clear.

I like this kind of winter.....it's the first of its kind, that I can remember, we've been here since 2003, minus the time we were in Arizona, but, there's always been snow in January.... carried over from November and December.

Edited by equicrzy

1 hour ago, RailroadWoman said:

Only -7 this morning.  Heatwave is here

With 7 above for a high, that is a heat wave, but next week it is suppose to be in the 20s. PD

Our son has a Snow Day today.  We're in Florida.  This is not normal for us.  It's raining now, but the bitter cold is coming later on today.  As the cold air comes in, they expect the rain to change over to sleet or snow.  It will be a mess on bridges and highways.  We don't have the equipment for this or deicers and everyone north of us will be needing it, too, so no one to borrow from.  Our county probably has sand left over from hurricane sand bags, but nothing to effectively spread it on roadways.  We don't keep that sort of equipment down here.  

Edited by little cow

Those of you deep south please be careful.  Also stay warm safely & don't drive.

We may joke a lot about us who live north & south with the weather.  But we are all concerned for each others safety.  

It is also 3 above here, made it up to low teens yesterday for a high, but the wind was strong yesterday pm, so felt much colder.                

LC, I wish you all the best with rain ice & snow, that is a bad combination any place. So please stay safe.  PD

Well, we cleaned, bedded, and fed everyone this morning.  They all have shelter and are using them.  We have a downpour of rain and temps in upper 30s.  Hard freeze tonight.  Hard freeze after a soaked coat is hard on animals.  I'm glad they are using their shelters.  Driving will suck tonight.  Maybe hubby should stay in town at his mom's house.

LC, if you get an accumulation of ice, be careful out walking. I have ice cleats but before I bought a pair, I would pull men's large tube socks over my boots. They help with traction in a pinch.

I went out yesterday afternoon and removed the half barrels from the insulated box they sit it, cleaned them out, replaced and refilled. It was so nice doing it without a foot of snow/ice on the ground...  the water hose and the spigot wasn't frozen, either..... when the horses get to frisking around, they churn up clouds of dust.

I'm not trying to brag, or, make anyone feel bad, or anything........but, dang, am I ever loving it!