Sign in to follow this  
RolltheDice

New Years Weekend

Just wondering what everyone is up to this weekend? One of my New Years resolutions is to try to come out of lurkdome and join in around here. I enjoy reading what everyone is up to so I might as well participate. 

Hubby and I are getting a load ready for the dump this morning. Cleaned a lot of stuff out of both of our garages from the previous owner and need to dump our refrigerator that died a few weeks ago. I actually love going to the dump and getting rid of stuff. I hate clutter and unused items hanging around. 

For New Year’s Eve we will go to bed early as hubby has to get up early and work New Year’s Day. I plan to go to a New Years resolution run and do the 5k. I’m not fit but I think that might be some of the point of resolution run. After that I’m hoping to trailer over to a friends house and ride. 

Camping out at the new farm, weather permitting.  The house is framed and three cows are there already (the other little cows have to stay on the old farm until they calve).  We'll be pitching a tent inside the house.  We grilled on the back porch out there today.  I picked up all the nails and debris left behind (so far).  I'm probably going to sweep it out tomorrow.  Hate to think they put stuff on a dirty concrete floor.  The are going to put in windows and doors this week.  

Welcome, RTD. Glad you came out of the wings. I went to the grocery today so I can hibernate this weekend. It's going to be very cold.

To cold to go very far, might try cooking something tomorrow, & see if I can eat my own cooking.  Come warmer weather I have several items I should take to local dump.  Happy New Year.  PD

We will be home because we don't like being on the roads on the big drinking holidays.  Husband and BIL are installing my bookcases in the library room today.  

I'll take hot water to the barn at 10:00 to thaw the horse's water. After that, all bets are off. Last year, I only made it to 11:00.