Sign in to follow this  
Proud Dad

I Came & Found Nobody Home

How young kids now a days start riding bulls!! Both baby pictures are very neat.  Kids do grow up fast, & make people like me old to fast.  PD

PD Short man is growing so fast.  Sure wish for a few moments again of him being two.  Will be interesting how much he will sprout the coming summer.

With kids there are times they wish they were older, & times we wish they were younger. Life can get rather complex at times.  PD

I had a boss once who fancied himself a pro bullrider. You know what makes a bullrider? Put 6 or 7 glass marbles in your mouth and go ride bulls. When you have lost all your marbles, you are a pro. At any rate, didn't have the job long, boss drove the outfit bankrupt chasing rodeos.

This broken down old fellow sits in front of us at church.  He is kind of bent over, walks with a limp, and is a bit unkempt.  The odd thing is that he wears spurs to church.  Our son is fascinated hearing the chink, chink, chink as he goes up for the Eucharist.   One Sunday, he was wearing a bull riding jacket and then it made sense to me.  I had seen that before out West, but never down here.  I asked him during the peace if he was a bull rider.  He winked and told me he was "one of the best".  Unfortunately, he comes in right before mass and always leaves right after the Eucharist, so I can't find out more, but he has me very curious.  I wish I could find out his name. 

My oldest grandson wanted to ride a bull a year ago he got that chance, & lasted 3 seconds, thought he had leaned his lesson, but would still like to try again.  Broken bones are no fun.  

np, Like the idea of putting marbles in the mouth, there are any number of professions where that option would apply.  PD

Awww he looks cozy! But don’t worry RrW he will ALWAYS be your baby. Does he still let you hug and smooch him?

Lol my daughter told our GS early on he better never shun her affection especially in front of his friends. He doesn’t and he still hugs and gives me a kiss on my cheek when I see him. 

Loving this weather! Sunny with daytime temps in the mid 60’s. Because we got several in. of rain over the weekend, my barn area is a mucky mess. We must figure out what to put around the barn to prevent this every winter...that we can afford. Not sure that exists. :surrender:

I’m ready to get Paisley in the round pen when it dries up. She’s been off since summer but we rode her Christmas Eve and she did great, didn’t forget her training but she’s fat!

Those who have an interest in bull riding should watch Fearless on Netflix.  Watched it last week & thought it was really good.  Personally they are adrenalin junkies as they just can't stop riding no matter how beat up they are.  One rider did announce retirement midway through world championship.  He was done.  Lost the love for the sport.

Grimmie my boy is a lover not a fighter.  Hugs & kisses when needed or just because.  There are times picked him up from school & I'll ask if he needs a hug.  Hugs help heal problems in life.  We still do bedtime prayer & llullaby's.  Oh & he is a squeeze hugger where to have to make a pretent fart.  If you don't it wasn't good enough then the next hug you get squeezed harder.  Squeeze the stuffing right out.

Prayers and lullabies.  I'm with you.  I sing old cowboy songs to my boy, still.  Or, sometimes songs in Irish.  NIght-time routines are great.  :smile:

LC there is an order to the songs.  Short man gets all worked up if I mess with the words.  I do it to be funny.

Short man is an 80yr old farmer recarnated.  Hard not to laugh when he talks how times were so much better in 1800.  

Yup lunch at noon & dinner at six.  He doesn't even need a clock & he knows what time.

You can eat a heavy lunch around 3or4 & he'll still ask what's for dinner at six.

Oh don't forget he can live on eggs & bacon every mornings ng for the rest of his life

Heaven forbid if something changes.

18 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Those who have an interest in bull riding should watch Fearless on Netflix.  Watched it last week & thought it was really good.  Personally they are adrenalin junkies as they just can't stop riding no matter how beat up they are.  One rider did announce retirement midway through world championship.  He was done.  Lost the love for the sport.

Grimmie my boy is a lover not a fighter.  Hugs & kisses when needed or just because.  There are times picked him up from school & I'll ask if he needs a hug.  Hugs help heal problems in life.  We still do bedtime prayer & llullaby's.  Oh & he is a squeeze hugger where to have to make a pretent fart.  If you don't it wasn't good enough then the next hug you get squeezed harder.  Squeeze the stuffing right out.

:rotf:or as my Mom used to say “I’m gonna squeeze the liver puddin out of ya”! I said that to Lyra the other day out of the blue, hadn’t thought of it in years. 

15 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Short man is an 80yr old farmer recarnated.  Hard not to laugh when he talks how times were so much better in 1800.  

RrW, I think I would explore that a little more with him. 

17 hours ago, little cow said:

Prayers and lullabies.  I'm with you.  I sing old cowboy songs to my boy, still.  Or, sometimes songs in Irish.  NIght-time routines are great.  :smile:

Yes they are, in my opinion, a kid is never too old to have their parent tuck them in. 

Baby photo shoot is tomorrow, I’m going south to check out what another town has to offer today in the way of props cute diaper sets to put her in. My daughter has never been frilly, she loves celestial, fantasy and animal themes for the gd. Should be fun!

I’ve been so busy I haven’t even been checking in here at all. :( I’ve started a new venture selling jewelry to try and add a little extra income to the household and it has kept me very busy! 

Along with dog sitting for a horse friend and taking her to get hay every couple of weeks since she doesn’t have a truck.

And somewhere in there my one dog ripped himself wide open! Nice little emergency bill. Same weekend my husband ended up in the ER costing us even more(for a panic attack, come on now! I deal with them all the time), and then 2 weeks later the brakes went out on his vehicle on the way to work:duh:

january has been he-L-L and I’m glad it is over! Now onto the big month of birthdays to take even more of our money!

Take one step forward and three back. 

Hang in  there!   Maybe a nice day out for a birthday present?  We went to the park of my choice for a hike for my birthday one year.  That, and flowers, kept me pretty darn happy.  

horsecrazy,  It sounds like your January was a bad month.  So I hope the rest of the year you'll have alot less to stress you out.  So here is wishing you & your family the Very Best in the future. Best Wishes.  PD

Nice to see you, Horsecrazy.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, grimmie said:

.Or as my Mom used to say, "I'm gonna squeeze the liver puddin out of ya."

My mother used to say, "I'm going to squeeze the living daylights out of you." What are living daylights, anyway?

jubal,   I heard the same thing when I was young, must have been a phrase from our generation.  It seems each one puts a different spin on phrases.  PD

On 2/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, jubal said:

Nice to see you, Horsecrazy.

My mother used to say, "I'm going to squeeze the living daylights out of you." What are living daylights, anyway?

:rotf:who knows! Now I've heard "beat the living daylights out of you" before.

2 hours ago, grimmie said:

:rotf:who knows! Now I've heard "beat the living daylights out of you" before.

Maybe I misremembered and ^^^that's what she said! But usually she saved the discipline for my dad. One time she was going to spank my brother and me and we put miniature horseshoes we had bought in Gatlinburg in our back pockets. She laughed so hard, she forgot the spanking.

It is cold out today, temp is 2 below, but the sun is out, & the days are getting longer, that all makes a difference.  Have a Great day all.                                              PD

On 2/3/2018 at 2:50 PM, jubal said:

Maybe I misremembered and ^^^that's what she said! But usually she saved the discipline for my dad. One time she was going to spank my brother and me and we put miniature horseshoes we had bought in Gatlinburg in our back pockets. She laughed so hard, she forgot the spanking.

:rotf:She sounds like a push over. Imagine having to explain to your dad how Mom’s hand got injured.

Wow PD I cannot imagine 2 below! You try and stay warm!

Whoa sticker shock looking at counter surfaces yesterday! Prices range from $60-$80 sq. ft. Including the island we have over 400 sq. ft. It’s going to be about $5,000. Paul’s committed though so we are checking out several other tile stores today. I think the tile back Splash will have to wait a few more years although I would love to do it now.

Saw our little sweetheart yesterday, love her more each time I hold her. Need to get cleaned up. Ya’ll have a blessed day.

QH, drive down to Mexico and get some real Mexican tile. That would make a statement! I need new countertops too. I'm just too lazy.

^^^I was going on the assumption that the tile would be less expensive in Mexico. They are gorgeous, aren't they?