nick

record number of scientists running for office in 2018

an unprecedented occurrence in modern American history, 60 scientists are announcing their bid for public office this year.    with the current administration's blatant disregard (or derision) for climate change and slashing of research programs and opening of public lands and coastal waters for oil exploration and drilling, the word is that the scientific community has decided to take a stand.  currently there is only one representative with a PhD occupying a legislative seat.     maybe we'll start hearing some "real facts" if this all pans out. 

Trump wants to increase the military budget by 750 billion dollars,  of course pad the NRA and slash research, household, environmental projects.  Read it.  It’s in his budget bill.  You will ALL have to pay more taxes.  Congrats.  

Good to hear those with masters & DR. degrees want to run for office, as there is a need for more educated people in grovernment,  even if all don't get elected, education will be at forefront of their campaigns.  To many free thinking people congress, currently don't act like they made it out grammer school. PD

He slashed the EPA, too.  Between that and giving away our public land for pillaging, he's murdering future generations.  

We need more than PhDs.  We need smart lawyers to stop this insanity.  We are a country that rules by law.  Not morality.  Not common sense.  Law.  The law is the only thing that can stop Trump.   God bless all constitutional lawyers.  Study hard about checks and balances.  

Edited by little cow

7 hours ago, little cow said:

He slashed the EPA, too.  Between that and giving away our public land for pillaging, he's murdering future generations.  

We need more than PhDs.  We need smart lawyers to stop this insanity.  We are a country that rules by law.  Not morality.  Not common sense.  Law.  The law is the only thing that can stop Trump.   God bless all constitutional lawyers.  Study hard about checks and balances.  

He & the far right members of the GOP, are trying to destroy this country.  Trump is still treating Russia like it is a friend & not a foe of  this country, only when that man & his followers are booted out of the White House, can we heal as a nation.  To those still wearing blinders or wake up from their slumber, & get real & see the light of day,  then maybe this country will again will unite as one people again.  PD

Another item of interest (or alarm) after 390 days in office the POTUS still has not named a Science adviser.   (Guess that explains a lot). 

4 hours ago, nick said:

Another item of interest (or alarm) after 390 days in office the POTUS still has not named a Science adviser.   (Guess that explains a lot). 

There is so much, that needs explaining from in this current WH,   it looks like we are witnessing amateur hour with this current administration. Not a good place for on the job training.  This not a party issue, but it is a national issue.  PD

32 minutes ago, Proud Dad said:

There is so much, that needs explaining from in this current WH,   it looks like we are witnessing amateur hour with this current administration. Not a good place for on the job training.  This not a party issue, but it is a national issue.  PD

I don't agree, PD. I think they know exactly what they are doing. Thy are dismantling our government. The security heads said yesterday that the country's debt is the greatest threat to security facing our country. And yet they keep piling it on and giving our country's wealth away to corporations and the very rich. They are creating an oligarchy and mortgaging our country to China. The republican party always maintained they were the fiscally responsible party. Ha!

6 minutes ago, jubal said:

I don't agree, PD. I think they know exactly what they are doing. Thy are dismantling our government. The security heads said yesterday that the country's debt is the greatest threat to security facing our country. And yet they keep piling it on and giving our country's wealth away to corporations and the very rich. They are creating an oligarchy and mortgaging our country to China. The republican party always maintained they were the fiscally responsible party. Ha!

jubal,  You may be right,  I would hope someone in power would take some action & at least say no to these people, & hold them accountable.  We've never seen our country attacked from within like it is now.  We didn't elect Putin leader, but he certainly is having to much influence.  PD

Edited by Proud Dad

At some point, he will overstep.  That is my prayer.  Pence is very...average...and calm.  Boring is a good word.  Impeachment and the VP steps in.  We could use calm.  I would never have hoped for a staunch career politician until now.  I'd take any second or third term Senator instead of this joker.  Someone stable.  

7 hours ago, jubal said:

Mike Pence was hand picked for VP by Paul Manafort. Not a good omen.

Well, he is the VP.  If Trump is impeached, he would finish up his term.  It's not about political parties anymore.  I'm only interested in stability.  I'll vote for the most stable candidate next time.

Edited by little cow

LC,   I can agree things to stabilize, & that it is no longer a party issue, but a national issue, many wounds have been inflicted on this country, & might be more to come  & they need time to heal.  From some where has to come a moral & just leader, to help put that in motion. I don't think Mike Pence is up to the job.   PD

I agree, but his qualifications don't worry me as much as Trump.  

I hope we have better choices in 2020.  I'd like to see a third party offer someone that could compete.  Green Party, perhaps?  They need to dump Nader and find someone else.

Edited by little cow

The current administration is like cancer.  Eating the infrastructure from inside out.  

Who has read the tax reform bill?

I actually heard an interview with Megan Mcain that Trump is “Obama’s Fault”.  

WTH?   Go to you tube with Andy Cohen.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:01 PM, jubal said:

^^^Pad the NRA? The National Rifle Association? That doesn't get government funding.

They sure do enough government funding of their own though.