Sign in to follow this  
nick

Gravy Train and Nibbles and bits

For anybody feeding these brands they are being recalled because of finding euthanasia elements by the FDA.  

This is unreal that a drug like that would be found in dog food. The brands listed aren't food that I would ever feed but how in the world did this ever happen?

Edited by Danyel

From the linked article:

“We have narrowed the focus of our investigation to a single supplier and a single, minor ingredient, used at one manufacturing facility,” the Gravy Train statement said. “We will take the appropriate steps to ensure this does not occur again.”

The brand also explicitly said that its products do not include meat from euthanized animals, including pets.

Apparently, the only food the drug was found in was cans of gravy train, 60% were positive. The levels were not enough to "pose a health risk". 

The other brands mentioned and tested were voluntarily re-called and the test samples were negative for any traces of phenobarbital. 

I read something about this somewhere a coupe of days ago. Some woman lost one of her two dogs to this but I had never heard of the brand of food and cannot remember it now.