Sign in to follow this  

It was 2 below this AM, so old man winter is still trying to flex his muscle, but he is already on notice, that his days are numbered for this winter.  PD

PD same here.  Been really odd with day temps in mid 20s then negative at night.  Our snow won't be going away anytime soon if it stays cold.

There are a few 30 days projected but mostly low 20s.  Not much time left to have the classic February thaw.

It may be still cold, but warmer weather will eventually make it over it's hill, & come & stay for a while. But winter has been a col one this year.  Best Wishes.  PD

It's been warm here for a few days. And I brushed enough hair off Jubal this morning to make a good sized pony. I hope that means it's Spring. But grass! I haven't had the lawnmower serviced yet and the grass will need cutting by next week. I was kind of enjoying hibernating.

Our Winter is back! Yesterday I left the house at 7 with 68° temps but by noon it was 34° with freezing rain! So tired of this. More freezing rain this afternoon. My poor daffodils are trying to bloom!

Winter? Spring? Fall? I don't even know what it is here. Was 72° yesterday, beautiful. 65° this morning at 6:30. Now it's 34° and cold, cold rain. Our snow is long gone melted...a dusting could occur overnight. Who knows. I only know I have 2' mud everywhere.

Edited by PinkTractor

Isn't that better than that 5 feet of snow? I've been wondering what the rest of your winter was like. Our weather in KY is the same right now. Went to 60 this morning, going to 40 tonight. But warm again tomorrow. And rain, rain, rain. Some places and roads along the river are under water. I can't imagine getting flooded every few years. They should just live on houseboats.

Each have their pros and cons. Five feet of snow at least means no muddy prints through the house. Mud means unfroze hose. Snow is prettier but mud means closer to spring. Gotta take it day by day. It's been an odd winter. January was freezing and snowy. February has been warm then freezing...up and down .

Hello all! We had a fairly mild winter till this week. Last Friday it was mid 60's and sunny. Saturday was 40's with heavy wind and rain. Sunday we got hit with a snowstorm and we have had snow everyday since. Lows in the low 20's and highs in the high 30's. It's lightly snowing again right now. I think we are getting our whole winter in 1 week. Supposed to get snow on and off the rest of this week and this weekend too. Here is a pic from today.  

20180221_122025.jpg

Changes in the season, isn't always pleasant at first, but I'll take the warmer weather over the cold, as it will be a nice change when it does get here.  The temp at at almost midnight is 4 degrees above 0.  PD

6 hours ago, PaintedWishes said:

Hello all! We had a fairly mild winter till this week. Last Friday it was mid 60's and sunny. Saturday was 40's with heavy wind and rain. Sunday we got hit with a snowstorm and we have had snow everyday since. Lows in the low 20's and highs in the high 30's. It's lightly snowing again right now. I think we are getting our whole winter in 1 week. Supposed to get snow on and off the rest of this week and this weekend too. Here is a pic from today.  

20180221_122025.jpg

Oh my gosh! He's not laughing now!

Good Morning again, it is 20 above here currently, & might get up to 28 before the day is over,  have several things I should get done,  but I ned a push to get started. Any body out there like to push?  I could clean my box stalls or straighten the house up,  The dust seems to gather faster than a person thinks.

PW,  Your paint horse looks so good in that picture, that he almost makes the snow doesn't seem as bad.   PD

This is me currently;

16681716_680775412092436_686113454833346

Snowing pretty good outside. Muddy prints come from two dogs and sometimes my barn boots. I'll take that over worrying about the horses feet in ice though. Like I said, good and bad with both. 26 days to the official first day of spring. We can do this...

Pink,    Things will get better, mother nature sometimes moves slower than we want.  But you gave me a chuckle with your cartoon, it says alot.   PD

42 minutes ago, Proud Dad said:

Good Morning again, it is 20 above here currently, & might get up to 28 before the day is over,  have several things I should get done,  but I ned a push to get started. Any body out there like to push?  I could clean my box stalls or straighten the house up,  The dust seems to gather faster than a person thinks.

PW,  Your paint horse looks so good in that picture, that he almost makes the snow doesn't seem as bad.   PD

Don't worry, PD. We can't see you.

We had no snow until this month.  We currently have about 6 inches on the ground. Last week we woke up to no power, 30 hours later, it was restored.....im so over it.... snow is pretty, until it melts and you're left with 6 inches of mud.

The good news is, we're heading back to Arizona!  Not for a visit, for good. My husband is able to transfer back, to the position he had previously, the higher ups are working out the details.

We can't go, until he's cleared by his doctor, he had back surgery a couple weeks ago and, tomorrow is the post op appointment, it'll be another month, maybe longer, before we can go.

I am STOKED, no more miserable winters!  

Equi - congrats on your pending move. 

Jubal - He is not quite so impressed that winter has blown in full force. I think he's ready for sun and warm. I know I am. 

PD - thanks. He makes any scenery better to look at. 

So lacking motivation to get things done with the cold snowy weather. At least we got a bit of a sun break yesterday and today. Here is another pic I took yesterday. 

20180221_121728.jpg

Equi that's great about the move.  Are you going to look for a house that will fit Mr Pistol?

PW the winter pic of your boy in the field he looks like a fuzzy mini.

Pink how have you been doing?  We need a Frank update.

Who wants some snow????  We're getting another batch of the crap.  Come & get it.

RRW,  Did you get much snow, I woke up to 3 inches on the ground this AM.  Farrier is also coming this AM also,  so got clean out some snow before he gets here.  PD

I'm horrible guesser of snow.  Would say 3-4 in the batch.  Someone said another system is on its way.

The big ski event Burki is this weekend in Hayward.  The skiers won't be very happy with the fresh snow

Thanks. Roads aren't to bad this morning. We didn't get the snow overnight they predicted. It's a clear and sunny but cold morning. It's only 18 deg!. We may get more snow today though. 

No snow here! We are having a lot of rain but the temperature is up so no ice.

My youngest granddaughter's school is on lockdown due to a social media threat. I wish I could go pick her up but they won't allow anyone leaving. These threats have happened to numerous schools around here all week. I just don't understand kids now days. 

Painted, how much snow is that, those power wires look awful close to the ground? 

Equi, I am so stoked for you!! I wasn't aware your hubby had surgery. Positive thoughts for his check up.

Danyel, ours and all surrounding districts are rampant with those same kind of threats this week. They were investigated and found nothing to them. Chalk it up to  typical teenage heard it through the grapevine hysteria. So thankful I don't have a school aged kid.

I just love horsy noses!

Granddaughter's school is back to normal. The police did arrest 3 14 year old boys for making threats at other schools.

Painted love the smiles! Your horse looks happy despite the snow.

Equicrzy, congratulations on the future move. Hope you can find exactly what you want. I hate Winter so much. Wish I could become a snowbird!

Guess I'd better get busy and quit worrying.

On 2/23/2018 at 10:29 AM, grimmie said:

Painted, how much snow is that, those power wires look awful close to the ground? 

Equi, I am so stoked for you!! I wasn't aware your hubby had surgery. Positive thoughts for his check up.

Danyel, ours and all surrounding districts are rampant with those same kind of threats this week. They were investigated and found nothing to them. Chalk it up to  typical teenage heard it through the grapevine hysteria. So thankful I don't have a school aged kid.

I just love horsy noses!

I didn't think I'd want to move, I really thought this was it for me and, I was perfectly content......HA!  This winter changed everything, plus, the realization of impending older age and, being so far from medical care.

My husband's surgery and, my having to do everything myself for the next 2 months kinda made a good argument for moving.... hubby can't raise his arms higher than shoulder height, can't bend, stretch, twist or lift anything heavier than 10 pounds, so, pretty much everything is on me.....I'm not complaining, mind you, the procedure really has to be successfully and, so far, it is, but, they need him to restrict his activity. It's just, it being winter and, we're just now getting the snow and freezing temps, it's somewhat harder to do by myself.....oh, plus, the wood for the stove has to be brought from the woodpile, to the front porch....by me.

So, I was practically giddy, when I heard of the job opening in Arizona, the same position he held when we were there before.... and, beside myself when, the transfer was approved.

I don't know when, for sure, but, sometime after he's completely healed, which will be another 6 weeks, we were told at the appointment yesterday.

Edited.... you're granddaughter is adorable!

Edited by equicrzy