Sign in to follow this  
noponies

How long

You mean A Walmart one or just any paper bag? A lot of places have them but you have to ask. I got one at CVS Pharmacy recently.

Been  a while, since I've seen a paper bag,  but I have a feeling we could be seeing more of them in the future, as soft plastic is getting bad press in some circles.  PD

Yeah, plastic bags were to save the trees, now we need paper bags so we can save the planet.

Kind of like some  good intentions, come back to haunt us. Have alot of those old plastic bags, work good for lining a trash container,  but can  create a problem, in our current landfills. PD

Not to mention in all the oceans, waterways, beaches and roadways. At least the paper broke down after a while.

The cloth bags are best, but I see too many plastic bags near waterways and beaches.  At least paper degrades and doesn't choke sea animals.  

I have cloth grocery bags. The only problem with them is the baggers stuff them so full. Two gallons of milk weigh 17 pounds! (I've weighed them.) Add a few more on and each bag is 20 to 25 pounds.Then I have to carry that stuff up the stairs from the garage. It's a workout. The best part is when they have three empty bags left over, they look so proud of themselves.

jubal,  You have to tell those baggers to pack them lighter, or they'll just have to walk behind you home & carry them in for you.  That may get their attention,  we have them clothes bags also, & when Mozelle was still with us, they didn't  fill them to full.  PD

I'm fine using paper or just simple reusable grocery bags. Plastic is such an issue in the ocean and our Great Lakes. 

I also read they will ban glitter soon because it's getting everywhere. They don't call it herpes of the craft world for nothing. 

^ Every time we exercise in the dance room, we find "craft herpes" infesting the place.  

I'm working on making bags out of my no-longer-wearable jeans, mostly because I can't stand letting them go to waste when there's only one bad area on them.  Double recycling for the win!

how about if you just have your own shopping bags or basket in the car when you go shopping?    hand them to the bag boy--i'm sure he'll he be happy to fill them up and carry them for a tip. 

32 minutes ago, Danyel said:

What bag boy?? Haven't seen one in years!!

At the Safeway here, they still bag your groceries.....if, they aren't too, "busy" there have been times, I've bagged my own, because, the baggers were suddenly doing something else.

I shop at the commissary in Albuquerque, because, they still give the option of, paper or plastic..... I never say, plastic, I hate plastic bags.

Our grocery, Kroger, has bag boys. If they are busy elsewhere, the checker bags them. They will even push your cart to your car and help put them in, if you ask. Of course, if you use the self checkout, you do it yourself. All the other groceries have checkers too. Danyel, do your groceries have checkers or only self checkout?

We have cloth bags, but sometimes I get paper.  Either for covering school books or for the cats to play with.  

42 minutes ago, jubal said:

Our grocery, Kroger, has bag boys. If they are busy elsewhere, the checker bags them. They will even push your cart to your car and help put them in, if you ask. Of course, if you use the self checkout, you do it yourself. All the other groceries have checkers too. Danyel, do your groceries have checkers or only self checkout?

We have checkers plus self checkout but none of the stores have bag boys. They all use the carousels with plastic bags. I usually have to pull the bags off it myself. I need to get my own cloth bags to use. I hate the plastic.