Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

Hello - and a question

Going to be the killjoy here on this (note: I have a background in art, so this has been hammered into me) be VERY careful about copywritten fonts and images (like Tinkerbell there).  If you sell it, you can get a cease and desist in short order and possibly fined for all the money plus legal fees.  Disney especially is REALLY good at hunting that down, since when it comes to copyright it's "use it or lose it".  In other words, if they don't defend their copwritten material, they can lose the right to use it exclusively and then anyone and everyone can use it at whim.  So legally, they HAVE to get after anyone selling stuff that's "theirs".  

Having said that, they don't own the rights to fairies, just THAT particular fairy.  So if you did something to change it up, like say, add another set of wings just below the top ones to make it more like a butterfly, and change the bun to a ponytail, it's all good.

As for the sign itself, nicely done!  Really clean lines, makes it look very professional.  

Absolutely, in fact they should NOT be selling you that file!  Basically they pirated that design, and are making a profit off of someone else's work.  No bueno.

I know 2 wrongs don't make a right - but didn't know as I buy my files and my font if it's not a free one made by someone. 

Thanks Jubal - I have some sparkley stones I am going to add, too. I plan on playing around with it. I am really enjoying the wood pallet sign portion. I made a dog leash holder last night (on regular wood) for myself - it turned out good...I posted it to my Facebook and a past friend gave me some tips - which is awesome and will help me design even better!

Good ideas,  Pink. Key hooks are usually popular too. And bridle racks and hat racks.  What kind of tools do you have?

Jubal, I have availability to all tools. My parents live a few houses down and my Dad has a whole wood area. His stuff is free game for me :) 

As for my machine I have a glass/metal etcher, vinyl and a heat press. I plan on getting attachments to be able to do hats and such eventually...down the road.

Oh I don't blame you for buying it when you had no idea, I just think that she owes you your money back since she basically sold you stolen goods.  (I don't know if all the fonts belong to someone else, but I'd be suspicious of it for sure.  Kinda like if you bought a bunch of horse tack and it turns out the saddle was stolen from another barn, you'd be looking at the rest of the tack with a suspicious eye)