Sign in to follow this  
Heidi n Q

HC Member's house burnt down

I am blanking on her name right now but she was known here as QHridinGA.  She raised and showed dogs with her daughter.

This is copied from a different friend's FB page:
"I do not know how to say it. My house burned down tonight. Inside the house, where I thought they would be safe were my dogs in their crates. I lost most of the terriers and we are at the emergency vet with the 2 remaining terriers. I am devastated and focused on saving the 2. The ibizans are ok, as well as the old danes and the waterdog. They were not trapped inside. Nobody was home. The house is a total loss. Some stuff may be salvageable from the other side of the house.

Please keep my little Panda and the 1 remaining puppy in your thoughts as we sit at the emergency clinic. I do not know how to deal with this. They were my life."

Oh Lord I cannot imagine such a horrible thing. It's Vickie Tippens I think. Sending prayers and positive thoughts for her babies recovery.

That is tragic news, I wish them the very best,  loss of a home & loss of those dogs, is just sad.  Best Wishes.  PD

I can only imagine what she's going thru...my heart goes out to her and her family and dogs

I think she did have a handful of horses but they were kept at a separate property than the home.  

OMG, how horrible!  I remember she did a lot of dog showing....I can't even imagine what they're going through.

I hope her two dogs at the vet make it.

Omg, my house burning down with my dogs inside is literally my very worst nightmare. Makes me sick to even think about it. My heart goes out to her.

Panda and the puppy are home from the vets. I think they came home Saturday. It looks like they are recovering fairly well. 

Thank you everyone.  

I am so beyond devastated.  As the days go by, it does not get any easier.  If you knew me, you knew all about my dogs, as our lives centered around them.  It is not the objects in the home that I miss.  They were much more than show dogs, that was just a bonus.  These were our life.  Their bright shiny eyes, I miss our daily walks, I miss them getting out of our fence, I miss them getting on the counters.  I miss it all.  It is so empty at night, I have yet to sleep a full night.  I wake up looking for them and at 3am all I see is the horror of what I did with putting them in crates that day.  I do not leave my dogs alone now.  Someone is home with them at all times.  If we all have to leave, I take them with me, or I stay home.  I worry constantly about where they are at.  

We are staying in the little inlaw suite where I let my mother live.  Yes she is there too, with her over abundance of belongings and she is making me crazy and not helping the situation at all.  It sits directly behind my house.  We are still waiting on insurance so my view out the front door is my burned out house that smells like death to me.  After 3 investigators came, the fire is going down as the cause "undetermined".  

The puppy and Panda are fully recovered thank goodness.  My entire breeding program is down to this one little girl.  She has huge shoes to fill.  I see her and from different angles, I see all her family that I lost in her different expressions.  It breaks my heart a million times, but I am so thankful she is here, and I am sort of helicopter mom to her.  I have had dogs offered from all over the world, but I am not even looking until I get a home and a separate attached kennel, also cameras and fire system installed.  

I will never be the same.  

My heart aches for you.  I simply cannot imagine.  Thank you for updating us here.

I'll just ditto the prior two posters. There really are no words.