Gabriella brazinski

My horse might've eaten rubber bands, now what?

I was braiding another horses tail outside of a stall so i put my bag of rubber bands(which had treats in it for some reason) in the stall. I had since moved the horse to a different area but forgotten the bands. Then when I realized I forgot i rushed back to the stall, which now had a horse in it, and found the bag and the bands spilled everywhere in the feed box. My horse obviously ate the treats but I'm not sure about the bands. (the bands are the small ones you use for manes). Will she be okay?

Probably will go right through. But I doubt she ate any. horses are pretty good at separating stuff from their feed that they don't like, such as medicine.

Those mane rubber bands are pretty small and a horse's gut is pretty big, I think you're good.  Now for a smaller animal like a cat, I'd be worried.

Even for a cat, those small rubber bands would have a vet saying "wait and see".  My idiot kitten ate a regular hair tie, and if it didn't have metal in it the vet said she would probably have waited it out rather than get him to vomit it back up.