I have a donkey who is pregnant(368) days and she has clear fluid coming from her teats. She seems to be getting more irritated as the days go. And her rump is jelly like and it looks like she has dropped. Anybody have any idea what the clear fluid means? And how much long do I have to wait to see this foal? And I believe this is her first foal. 

Thansk

CE9B68C3-9AB2-46F6-AFE0-9ADDC108F878.jpeg

79B2E3E3-4F59-409F-A972-3D1CA20223CE.jpeg

300EB21C-11A6-4814-B969-EAEF930EB659.jpeg

So I’m so excited and ready to see this new baby I can hardly wait! Does the vulva really turn a bright red? Cause hers is still a bubblegum pink. 

C123486A-9942-4A4C-AD8E-0F3E0B67D764.jpeg

It varies quite a bit from mare to mare.  If this is your first time, do you have a vet on-call?  Do you know if this is her first foal, and how good a mother she was?  She looks like she's very tolerant of being touched, but have you been handling her all over, including her udder?  (new mothers can be antsy about some small creature suddenly going after that area).  

I’m pretty sure this is her first time. I don’t have one on call but do have a vet I can call. Yeah she loves to be touched as long as she’s not eating sweet feed. And yes I have been touching her teats and she’s ok with it. As long as she’s not eating. 

That's good about her being touched, and kinda funny about her being finicky about it when eating. I'd let the vet know that you have a pregnant donkey that's ready to pop, just so they have a heads up that you might need to give them a call.  

Do you have a baby monitor or something along those lines to put in her stall, so you're alerted if something goes wrong?  A lot of mares foal in the middle of the night (preferably while there's a storm, for maximum unpleasantness for their human helpers) and if something goes sideways it's good to know quickly.