Sign in to follow this  

So we watch a lot of NETFLIX.  In that process it may take a long or short while to find that show.  Well it really stinks when one finds the show & binge watches then find themselves having to find something  else.

For sometime I was watching Longmire.   That was really good & constantly told othesr how good it was.  Well before I knew it I was at the final episode, so then managed to find Badlands.  Surprisingly I actually like that story line.  Sadly it is an AMC show & only has two seasons under its belt.  GADS...two seasons isn't much anymore when a season is 10-13 episodes.  Less than 2 weeks now back to finding something to watch.

What is your streaming junkie show???

Big Bang Theory.  But I have it on DVD and watch a 20min episode at random times.  I think I've gone through the 10 season set 4 times but I still LOL at it.

Badlands was just a bit too implausible for me.  I could have handled that if they had stuck with the cool older guy, but they kept trying to make the storyline about the stupid boy who kept making bad decisions that I couldn't care less about.

It's on Amazon Prime, but I just finished off Deadwood.  Excellent acting on all parts, and darkly funny in parts.  I hope they do manage to make a movie to wrap up some loose threads.

Heidi, we have dvd only at home.  Big Bang is in the collection & it is always on.

By the time move back home I'll be ready to start 24 or Dallas again.  X Files would be another good one to start.  Nice part about collection only watching is can easily do other stuff while the show is on.  Or if you fall asleep not like you are going to miss something.

Have Deadwood on DVD & loved it.  Really wish they had done a spinoff from it as there were so many dynamics to the characters.

Godless was another I thought was good on NetFlix & wished had more.

RRW, have you watched Sons of Anarchy? I didn't think I would like it but ended up I got hooked on this series. Was sad to see it end.

Loved Longmire and I am so sad it's over.  Check out Godless, Happy Valley and Broadchurch.  The last two are detective shows but sooo good.

I'm a weirdo, I am drawn to British series on Netflix.

The British series Bionic Vet. Either NatGeo or Animal Planet just ran it as Super Vet. It's all so confusing though, Netflix has the Bionic Vet but just the first season now (there were several) and currently just 4 episodes of Supervet the Bionic Special

Also love Escape To The Country another British series where people look to buy classic English Cottages in the country.

Wallander with Kenneth Brannaugh

Martin Clunes animal series.

Weekend Aristocrats about Titled British families who rely on public use of their castles and estates to keep them running.

Danyel, I had started it but couldn't really get into it at the time.  May have to try it again.

Magic, might have to look at those.  They have been coming out with some really good detective shows that keep you glued.

46 minutes ago, RailroadWoman said:

Danyel, I had started it but couldn't really get into it at the time.  May have to try it again.

Magic, might have to look at those.  They have been coming out with some really good detective shows that keep you glued.

RRW, give it another try. I was the same way. After a short time, I couldn't wait to see the next show.

I'll watch Netflix while doing the laundry.  So have plenty of watching time.

I've been meaning to try Breaking Bad.  Heard that was a good show also.

3 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

I'll watch Netflix while doing the laundry.  So have plenty of watching time.

I've been meaning to try Breaking Bad.  Heard that was a good show also.

Lol....I have the entire 6 seasons of Breaking Bad on DVD's, I've probably watched it a hundred times. I pop in a disc every night when I go to bed and, fall asleep to it. I start with season one and, go all the way to the the final season.  Then, I start all over again.

I can recite the dialog right along with the actors.

I think I may have a slight problem.

Lol I think Im the only one who doesnt do Netflix. I dont have cable or internet at home. Just an antenna that gets me all the channels I need. 

9 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

Lol I think Im the only one who doesnt do Netflix. I dont have cable or internet at home. Just an antenna that gets me all the channels I need. 

Well, there's me. I've always preferred a good book to TV.

6 hours ago, grimmie said:

I'm a weirdo, I am drawn to British series on Netflix.

The British series Bionic Vet. Either NatGeo or Animal Planet just ran it as Super Vet. It's all so confusing though, Netflix has the Bionic Vet but just the first season now (there were several) and currently just 4 episodes of Supervet the Bionic Special

Also love Escape To The Country another British series where people look to buy classic English Cottages in the country.

Wallander with Kenneth Brannaugh

Martin Clunes animal series.

Weekend Aristocrats about Titled British families who rely on public use of their castles and estates to keep them running.

I have seen a few of those, too.  I also watch some of their murder mystery shows.   In fact, I have been watching enough pretend murder mysteries in pretty English villages that I'm afraid when we visit that part of the world next year, I'll be strolling through a nice, scenic, village and automatically start looking around for a body....

Edited by little cow

LC, how will that be a relaxing vaca???  On edge looking for bodies in the gutter.  Just remember it is always the Butler.

Equi, my hubby would be able to recite lines from his favorite movies.  He has a horrible time sleeping & does better with background noise so will put in a die hard favorite. Minute end credits are over he wakes up & plays it again.

It would be great if we could use an antenna at the farm.  However, to many pine trees & we are in a low spot.  Our neighbor a mile down the roads could get 4 stations clear. 

Oh if we're talking brits, then Sherlock is the one that had me locked on.  One of the few versions where I liked Watson as much (if not more at times) than Sherlock.  

I also like anime, Attack on Titan has me raging that there isn't another season out yet, and Seven Deadly Sins is just amusing.  

I heard that Godless was good, should give that one a look.  I watched most of Breaking Bad, but found it too depressing.  

I have netflix instead of cable, I LOATHE commercials and most shows are too stupid for me to handle.  There's mindless fun, but then there's rot your brains dumb.  I did like watching the Create station on regular tv though.

Sherlock holmes. I can watch it over and over again! I’m a bit obsessed with it. 

We have started Blacklist too. It’s pretty amazing. 

Grey, watch Godless is was really good.  Once of those I wished there were more.

We have cable at the motel, its amazing how you have all these channels & nothing on.  My son would rather have Netflix or a dvd playing.

We don't watch tv or cable or satellite.  It's Netflix, Vudu or DVDs.  I don't miss commercials or mindless sitcoms.  

After being away from traditional tv for a long time, it is amazing how you get sucked in so quickly when its back.  Used to be a treat to have cable when we would go on vacation.  Nothing was a repeat.

It's been so long for me.  I didn't watch much when I was in the military or college.  I had it, but I was too busy or not interested.  Then, got married and moved here.  I think it's been since the 90s that I watched tv.  But, even then, not much.  The most time I spent watching tv in my life was summers as a kid, lol!  Just on days when it was too hot to move.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:00 PM, QueenBAW said:

No, I don't do Netflix either. I watch PBS a lot and the British series. But it sounds like I'm missing some of those. QH, are you getting those on PBS channels? Right now, I'm watching an American Pickers episode I've seen about ten times.

^^^There are lots of PBS stations and some of them carry BBC programs. My satellite company only carries two PBS stations but a friend up north has six or seven.

I'm drawn into Heartland right now. We're on season 7 - and it's starting to jump around a lot, but I like it. I've also found a couple ER Med shows.

We don't have cable, and our antenna is so hit and miss - and when it does work we get 1 local channel, Fox, GRIT and Bounce....nothing too exciting.

Broadchurch and Happy Valley are both UK detective shows with female leads.  A little dark, but so good!

Pink, Heartland is a good show.  It is nice to have a clean cut drama for a change.

Danyel, got hooked onto Son of Anarchy.  Got a good seven seasons of entertainment till have to find another show.