Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

Lets Race!

Took long enough to get here! Had our first race of the season last week. Won our first race out - heat race (first ever, too). Was running fourth in the big race but spun out with two laps to go. Went to the rear and made it up to 7th in the two laps...of course got penalized for "jumping the start" - but that's another story as I don't believe it.

Going to be a good year! If you'd like to follow our racing - I had to make an Instagram for one of our sponsor requirements. I'll gladly give it out.

Horses are okay - my horse is shedding and balding. He does it every year (and it worries me every year lol). Mare is cranky. They both are horribly out of shape and "ugly" looking. Life is so crazy and it has been so wet no idea when I'll be able to get them working. Had a new batch of ducklings, dogs are doing good - and still making signs. Life is a blessing and enjoying the busy-ness.

Hope all are well!

Yay, Pink!  I'm glad to hear your long winter is over. Can I read Instagram without joining? I don't join online stuff, (except for horse forums. And of course, Amazon.)

Jubal, I think you can go on and look...I only use the app. Its just pictures....no drama like Facebook! I'll PM you the link :) 

Thanks RRW, I hope we can continue our success. Out of 28 cars him and his brother were 1&2 speed wise.

Do you have to travel far for the races?  Here they are scheduled or used to be so they would be in Rice Lake Friday, Superior Saturday & Proctor Sunday.  

We have a track we could run every night of the weekend or we could follow a series. But I think we're goi g to focus on one track and have time for other things.

We won our heat race again last night from 6th starting spot. Sadly someone took us out in the feature.

Pink, have fun racing! Years ago we raced stock cars. We had 2 but cut down to one. Working on both cars during the week was too hard.

Daniel, we have one e-mod, running a friend who passed away stock car, and now my husband boss wants to start a race team LOL. It's going to be busy.

But, we need to take time and do other things. I LOVE racing, love it, but it consumes our lives and I need to step back and do some other things. This is our 7th year I think. Four years in a stock and going on three in the mod.

Well, our season ended way early. Our car got junked two weeks ago. At the drop of the green, turn 2 someone got under the back of our car and never let out of the throttle. That sent us head first into the wall about 80MPH. Needless to say, cement walls don't move. Our car was bent in a couple places. Husband was sore, but safety equipment does wonders and he is fine.

We were going to call it a season. Until a sponsor stepped up and bought us a new car. It's an updated version of our old one. We just needed to move our motor into it, add our body/seat, then set it up for my husband on the scales. We found a few other things that needed changed, and we rained out last weekend...but it should be good to go to the track this weekend -fingers crossed-. With this new car we only plan on running Friday nights and an occasional Saturday. Not planning on doing the Sunday race as it never ends well for us.

So far this season we've had two wins, four top 5's, a 7, and a 10. Along with 2 DNF's as both we were taken out by other drivers. Still early in the season - only time will tell with where this takes us.

29 minutes ago, jubal said:

Does a race car driver have nine lives like a cat?

I wish; the racing community just lost a very talented sprint car driver over the weekend when he had a very nasty crash.

Safety has really come a long ways, though. I've seen many flips/roll overs where the drivers just get out and walk away.

Pink, thats to bad about your car.  But good you got a new sponsor car.  Good luck, sound like the season has been good for finishes.

Unfortunately, doesn't look like the car will be ready to hit the track this weekend. With my new job and husband's job - we just haven't had the time to work on it like we should. It'll be out there next weekend.

I do still have the little pink tractor! I only do the fair pulls now - just too much going on. Last year every one rained out but one...sadly that was not a good pull and I wasn't even top ten >.<

That stinks about not being ready.  But you will still be in this season.

I remember the pics of the pink tractor.  It was so cute.  We have an old John Deere tractor with a belly mower.  It was one that came from actual John Deere not the Home Depot.  It has a ton of attachments.  We do not use it to cut grass because it slips belts.  But the thing runs but it blows heat back at you and it is extra hot when mowing.  We keep it and it is just parked as it belonged to my husbands uncle.  I want to eventually do something with it.  Even if just use it to haul a trailer around.  

Just bummed about racing, since we finally broke top 10 in points again. This will knock us probably to 15 depending on who all races. But, oh well, we wouldn't be back out anyways if we didn't get a car given.

We have some tractor parades around here. One little town does a Christmas parade every year and all the tractors "dress" up. They ask for lights and whatever else decorations. It's pretty neat. But, all our parades have tons of tractors in them, lol. You could always do that as a"memory of" kind of thing.

Edited by PinkTractor