Sign in to follow this  
nick

An American friend living in Austria,

Recommended Posts

Who is now a licensed contractor in Austria,  ex CFO ikea Switzerland, married to an Austrian who is a partner in an American management consulting company just rented out one of her apartments to the Lebanese consulate.  

That’s what happens out there if you’re paying attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That’s what happens out there if you’re paying attention."  >>>  Someone rents an apartment. Got it.


What is the debate topic?  It isn't clear in your initial post.

Edited by Heidi n Q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 3rd cousin Arvin rented a cabin to Willy Nelson about 15 years ago. I was't paying any attention to THAT either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The global dynamic is interesting is interesting in terms of real estate.  Do either of you follow what our POTUS is doing?   “Great Beach front Hotels in North Korea”?  

 

The world has NO interest in your cousin Arvin.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austria? Isn't that where the Nazi-like leader unleashed an anti-semitic diatribe against George Soros? Trump admires him. And Putin asked him to set up a meeting with Trump. I wonder why?

Edited by jubal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean Adolph?  Oh dear,  that was a while ago.   Maybe he moved in with Arvin in a former life.  Nobody  paid attention to that either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have NO interest in your friend renting her apartment to a consulate!

How in the H-E-doublehockeysticks is anyone supposed to know - according to your initial post - that you are talking about real estate as it relates to the POTUS and NK? 
If you're paying attention, no one here is a freaking mind reader. 

Please be more clear about what you wish to discuss in your initial post.

Edited by Heidi n Q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nick said:

You mean Adolph?  Oh dear,  that was a while ago.   Maybe he moved in with Arvin in a former life.  Nobody  paid attention to that either.  

No, not Adolph. That was before my time. But I was thinking of the Hungarian leader, anyway. That's the one Trump likes. Austria and Hungary have a shared history, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jubal said:

No, not Adolph. That was before my time. But I was thinking of the Hungarian leader, anyway. That's the one Trump likes. Austria and Hungary have a shared history, you know.

You mean that cretin Viktor Orban?  Of course Trump loves him, he’d like to BE like him, dictator and despot at large and he’s working hard to achieve that goal.  Look at the rest of his bromances, Putin, Kim Jong Un, Duerte.    They’re a bunch of racists, elitists, misogynists, liars, paranoid sociopathic creeps.  

 

@ Heidi,  the original post was tongue in cheek.   I had dinner with a Chinese friend the other day—an American having dinner with a Chinese, the two of them conversing in German.   The humor, the irony and truth to the saying “the world is a small place” is of course open to debate.

@ noponies, I can’t remember a single time that you started a thread but have no shortage of commentary.  I’d love to stand corrected.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nick said:

@ Heidi,  the original post was tongue in cheek.   I had dinner with a Chinese friend the other day—an American having dinner with a Chinese, the two of them conversing in German.   The humor, the irony and truth to the saying “the world is a small place” is of course open to debate. 

Then you should have OPENED with your debate topic. 
As you are so fond of reminding people; this is the Debate Board.  It's not the random, tongue-in-cheek, I'm-gonna-start-drama-with-a-totally-unrelated-and-insulting-segway, guess-who-I-had-dinner-with General Chit Chat Board.  

I will state upfront that I am not sorry for being harsh.  I need to do better at not engaging things I find exasperating.  Your bait-and-switch posting style is exactly that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nick said:

You mean that cretin Viktor Orban?  Of course Trump loves him, he’d like to BE like him, dictator and despot at large and he’s working hard to achieve that goal.  Look at the rest of his bromances, Putin, Kim Jong Un, Duerte.    They’re a bunch of racists, elitists, misogynists, liars, paranoid sociopathic creeps.  

 

@ Heidi,  the original post was tongue in cheek.   I had dinner with a Chinese friend the other day—an American having dinner with a Chinese, the two of them conversing in German.   The humor, the irony and truth to the saying “the world is a small place” is of course open to debate.

***@ noponies, I can’t remember a single time that you started a thread but have no shortage of commentary.  I’d love to stand corrected.  ***

Your memory is faulty. Dementia maybe? Most of what you post here seems like it. And since you pretty much ruin the debate board with your nastiness, no one really WANTS to start one any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay.  You all start threads, how about that.  Any, any at all.  But please, Shampoo ratios on the debate boards?

Bring. It. On.  

@ noponies. Apparently you never read the rules applying to the debate board.  Personal attacks are not allowed, but since that’s all you seem to want to do it seems safe to assume that HC Admin left the house a long time ago.  

Therefore i would politely request that those who take offense at this thread (or don’t have a life) just IGNORE it and start their OWN discussion.  How hard can it be??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that you are still allowed to post (how many times were you given time out??) pretty much lets us all know this board isn't moderated. And when you stop attacking most everyone here it will be a lot nicer place to play. So lets start by asking who put you in charge of what gets debated here? As you keep saying; if you don't like the subject, move on and just shut up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or debate the definition of definition. Or you could move over to COTH. They'll take your lunch money.

Edited by jubal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jubal said:

Or debate the definition of definition. Or you could move over to COTH. They'll take your lunch money.

Oh yeah. And she probably already got kicked off there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nick said:

Okay.  You all start threads, how about that.  Any, any at all.  

Therefore i would politely request that those who take offense at this thread (or don’t have a life) just IGNORE it and start their OWN discussion.  How hard can it be??

Personally, I am content with the discussions already established under GenChitChat's Front Porch and TXPeople.  

I appreciate that you are trying to enliven the Debate Boards, but I absolutely abhor the manner in which you do so as it comes across as condescending.

I know these boards are deader than dead, but when one person would happen to notice how huge this is for the rights of women great.
That’s what happens out there if you’re paying attention.
Surely somebody here, should they be motivated, could find debate fodder.  

 

The HC membership here is drastically reduced from what it was when I first joined here.  The lively GCC discussions, where in the evening I'd have 2 PAGES of new and replied-to topics to read through and various lively discussions on the ODB are over.  Those days are long gone.  Perhaps you need to accept that the membership has changed and stop trying to antagonize and goad people into responding.  
Catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Edited by Heidi n Q

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah.  I don’t feel like it.  Too much fun making mojo around here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no admin anymore.  That’s why poponies  can make personal remarks( not that anyone cares) with abandon and spite. 

 

I hope everybody has a great harvest this year.  Regardless how many illegals you’re using to get the back breaking, diesel snd pesticide inhaling work done.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd that you are the only one still somewhat active on this board after, what, THREE time-outs? Lets check out YOUR spite, since admin seems to recognize YOU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nick said:

I hope everybody has a great harvest this year.  Regardless how many illegals you’re using to get the back breaking, diesel snd pesticide inhaling work done.  

Seriously?  I don't think anyone here farms.  Regardless, I find your comment highly insulting. 
It might surprise you to know that a very small percentage of illegals actually work in agriculture.


Occupations.png&w=1484
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/03/27/where-americas-undocumented-immigrants-work/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f9136ca2c1a8
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this