Sign in to follow this  
nick

An American friend living in Austria,

Well here is some news you may not know.  I live in dairy country & it is usually families/workers from Mexico or South America who work those farms.  Guess what???  Those workers actually go in & interview the farm & what it has to offer.  They don't just go into anywhere.

Same goes for those who work construction.  They will come north for the summer & work for a contractor then go home at the end of the season.  Our country is already in a world of hurt for a labor force & if you get someone worth their salt then you want to keep them as long as possible.

There is also another plus.  These workers are paying taxes.

Stepping off my box.  

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, Heidi n Q said:

Seriously?  I don't think anyone here farms.  Regardless, I find your comment highly insulting. 
It might surprise you to know that a very small percentage of illegals actually work in agriculture.

Occupations.png&w=1484
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/03/27/where-americas-undocumented-immigrants-work/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f9136ca2c1a8

Heidi cute job stats.  who are the people in the sewers, who are in hospitality who take everybody's crap away.  who are the best sous  chefs -America.  who does the back  breaking work of picking asaparagus or strawberries in a fly and wasp infested field?  certainly not you or me.  don't you ever ask yourself where food comes  from. 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:05 AM, Heidi n Q said:

Personally, I am content with the discussions already established under GenChitChat's Front Porch and TXPeople.  

I appreciate that you are trying to enliven the Debate Boards, but I absolutely abhor the manner in which you do so as it comes across as condescending.

I know these boards are deader than dead, but when one person would happen to notice how huge this is for the rights of women great.
That’s what happens out there if you’re paying attention.
Surely somebody here, should they be motivated, could find debate fodder.  

The HC membership here is drastically reduced from what it was when I first joined here.  The lively GCC discussions, where in the evening I'd have 2 PAGES of new and replied-to topics to read through and various lively discussions on the ODB are over.  Those days are long gone.  Perhaps you need to accept that the membership has changed and stop trying to antagonize and goad people into responding.  
Catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

not interested in catching flies. why would anyone want to catch flies? 

btw,  how lovely for you that you feel "content" .  I am feeling  the "winter of discontent" should the Bard interest you.  some bad stuff is headed our way on a constitutional basis.    but carry on by all means. 

1 hour ago, nick said:

don't you ever ask yourself where food comes from. 

Nope.  I already know.

I grew up rural in the San Joaquin valley, surrounded by orchards and fields of crops.  Rode my horses around all of those fields and orchards all year long.  I raised hogs, cattle and chickens to feed our family.  Lived 5 acres away from the crop dusting airport that serviced the surrounding farmland.  Babysat the farmer's children.  Went to school with the field workers' and farmers' children.  Made friends among all of the children at my rural grade and urban high schools - many of whom I am still in touch with today.

1 hour ago, nick said:

not interested in catching flies. why would anyone want to catch flies? 

You missed my point.  Offensive troll behavior isn't well received, but you do you and keep wondering why no one interacts with you.  

1 hour ago, nick said:

btw,  how lovely for you that you feel "content" .  I am feeling  the "winter of discontent" should the Bard interest you.  some bad stuff is headed our way on a constitutional basis.    but carry on by all means. 

"Expectation is the root of all heartache."  

I should stop expecting you to interact in a civilized manner.  The nuisance isn't worth it.

Just put me on “ignore”.  It’s that easy.  

Or do you enjoy trying to be a bully?  Please, on the Internet?   Nobody is going to take that seriously except for the very vulnerable.  You enjoy that?  Who on earth would wish that someone suffers physical maladies on someone they don’t know unless they are unendingly bitter.

i repeat, there is an “ignore” function.  

Administration seems to have left the building.  

Pot----kettle.. If you are so oddly attached to that ignore function, why aren't you using it? And I would willingly wish the plague on you if it made you disappear. Bitter? No. I just don't like YOU at all for your hatefulness and rudeness to anyone who doesn't  bow to your (in your little mind) superior knowledge here. And, it appears I am not the only one. I'm quite happy otherwise.

18 minutes ago, noponies said:

Pot----kettle.. 

I agree.  Nick, the tone of many of your posts (specifically your *opening* posts) are bullying, or condescending, at the very least.
The reason no one participates, is your behavior.  

19 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

I agree.  Nick, the tone of many of your posts (specifically your *opening* posts) are bullying, or condescending, at the very least.
The reason no one participates, is your behavior.  

i beg to differ, your're participating, noponies is participating.  the level of discourse  is odd but hey, we live in the land of the first amendment ( for now lol). 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, noponies said:

Maybe your winter will freeze your arse off. Or at least your typing fingers

for example. 

20 hours ago, noponies said:

Pot----kettle.. If you are so oddly attached to that ignore function, why aren't you using it? And I would willingly wish the plague on you if it made you disappear. Bitter? No. I just don't like YOU at all for your hatefulness and rudeness to anyone who doesn't  bow to your (in your little mind) superior knowledge here. And, it appears I am not the only one. I'm quite happy otherwise.

i don't like to bury my head in the sand.  i don't igonore anyone, i think that's cowardly and disrespectful.  and childish.  just because i don't agree with you doesn't mean i'm unwilling to hear you out.  quite the contrary--i'm very interested in views (aside from my arse or fingers freezing off, i don't think anyone is interested in that please. ) who contradict mine.  how boring hanging around with people who always agree with you!!

whether people engage in my threads or not doesn't interest me.  aspiring to "be liked" on the internet is delusional, and frankly IMO indicative of  people who have "no real life".   i'll exercise my first right amendment rights and put my opinion out here as i started doing, uh, let's see, 12,000 plus posts ago. 

thank you everybody for engaging in this post. 

now to interrupt this broadcast, great news!  the rescue of a soccer team of twelve young lads in Thailand trapped with their coach in a cave for two weeks because of unseasonal rains and rising waters is proceeding ahead of schedudle!    nobody can tell me i'm being uppity with this headline.  if you have a pulse you know this is happening because it's an internationial rescue effort plastered everywhere.   if you are unaware  you must live under a rock. 

back to your original positive or negative programming. 

But yet you keep insisting *I* should ignore. How utterly rude and childish of you. And still you keep insulting those who don't agree with you. Also childish. Are you perhaps in the early stages of Dementia? Only thing that really explains your behavior, complete with all your denials.

There you go again, Nick. "If you are unaware, you must live under a rock". Why add that comment?

1 minute ago, noponies said:

But yet you keep insisting *I* should ignore. How utterly rude and childish of you. And still you keep insulting those who don't agree with you. Also childish. Are you perhaps in the early stages of Dementia? Only thing that really explains your behavior, complete with all your denials.

only if you want to.   if i enrage you so much just ignore me.  you , on the other hand don't bother me at all.   it's that simple. 

1 minute ago, Danyel said:

There you go again, Nick. "If you are unaware, you must live under a rock". Why add that comment?

because it's true.   there are things more important at this second than you or me and why on earth would anybody take that personally.  on the internet for crying out loud. 

this whole thing is such a courageous endeavor for everyone involved, including the boys.  more important than you or me. 
get it?    google it,

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, RailroadWoman said:

Well here is some news you may not know.  I live in dairy country & it is usually families/workers from Mexico or South America who work those farms.  Guess what???  Those workers actually go in & interview the farm & what it has to offer.  They don't just go into anywhere.

Same goes for those who work construction.  They will come north for the summer & work for a contractor then go home at the end of the season.  Our country is already in a world of hurt for a labor force & if you get someone worth their salt then you want to keep them as long as possible.

There is also another plus.  These workers are paying taxes.

Stepping off my box.  

huh.  somebody who knows firsthand. 

5 minutes ago, nick said:

because it's true.   there are things more important at this second than you or me and why on earth would anybody take that personally.  on the internet for crying out loud. 

this whole thing is such a courageous endeavor for everyone involved, including the boys.  more important than you or me. 
get it?    google it,

Where did I say that I was more important than the boys being rescued? I was just pointing out that comment was rude and uncalled for. I guess you just don't understand or you would stop being such a blasted bully.

i have no idea who you are are.     it has nothing to do with you.  i'm sure you're a fine person. 

Huh. Somebody else who knows firsthand. Trump only hires foreign workers at Mar a Lago and many at his other businesses.

the immigrant that needs to perhaps be freed the most is melania.    i see "free Melania tshirts" are getting more popular.  along with her jacket worn by her to her to minor detention centers in texas (to be caring)  that said "I don't care". 

On 6/20/2018 at 11:26 AM, farah said:

I found a place for you to hang your hat, nick. Maybe they will appreciate you brutish behavior over there...  http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php

Nope, they'll hand her her....um.... behind, over there. She thinks she's always the smartest person in the room, they'd knock her down a peg, or two.

3 hours ago, equicrzy said:

Nope, they'll hand her her....um.... behind, over there. She thinks she's always the smartest person in the room, they'd knock her down a peg, or two.

Thank you for the offer but it’s too partisan for my taste.  But i’m sure everybody in any room is smarter than I.