Sign in to follow this  
pocobuckgal

Happy 4th

Happy 4th everyone! So far so good here it's hot as heck we have heat warnings right now . But we went to watch fireworks last night and no meltdowns! 

IMG_20180703_220259.jpg

IMG_20180703_220229.jpg

IMG_20180703_220257.jpg

IMG_20180703_215843.jpg

IMG_20180703_220255.jpg

IMG_20180703_215306.jpg

Went to fireworks last night & had a very enjoyable evening with Shortman.  Because the traffic was bad getting out of town we went the back way with the top down on the car.

Our fun is over as it is the big rodeo starting tomorrow & we are busting butt busy.  So not looking forward to it. 

Happy Fourth! Our rural county passed an ordinance recently, requested by the horse farms. All fireworks have to stop by 11:00 PM.  Around here, people always stopped by ten. Last night I heard big booms at 1:00 AM. I guess these people don't like being told what to do. I don't care because Jubal got used to loud noises from the neighbor shooting black powder close to his pasture. He puts his head and ears up on the first one, then it's "meh." My cat sleeps through anything but the door opening. She dives under the couch for that.

George has issues with fireworks.  It really stinks when you live on a lake & the cabin owners have firework wars.  If the weather is bad they behave but if it is nice...everyone is out.  One year is last about two weeks.

So what does Frank & your Chocolate lab think of the new addition.

He is rather handsome for a silver & has a nice shaped head.  The silvers in our area are rather ugly as they have odd shaped heads & to skinny of a tail.  All around a poor representation of the breed.

Thank you everyone. His name is Benelli, Ben for short.

Silver is a diluted DD gene of the chocolates. AKC registers them as chocolate, but since it's like a faulty color then cannot be shown AKC.

Frank likes him, they play rough. Rem doesnt mind one on one, but both together he gets testy. My goal was to have Ben and Frank play and leave Rem alone.

20180705_173553.jpg

What a beautiful pup! My mom..just got a pup he was a major opps ( beagle schnauzer mix) yeah he's as cute as a button ! Me I'm counting down the days till the kittens can be homed . I love them.but since I  had the female we own fixed I wasn't planning on having kittens. That is until the neighborhood cat had 3 in shys closet 7 weeks ago. I guess I'm responsible for her now? She will be seeing a vet as soon as I can catch her and get her in !  She's fine with the kids bit Tim or I get close and she is not happy about it . The kittens favorite place to be is under my feet. 

Pink Ben looks like a chunk in the last pic.  Nothing wrong with the old boy getting grumpy.  He'll help train some manors

Poco have fun with the kittens.  Would think it easier to find homes this time of year rather than winter

On 7/4/2018 at 2:03 PM, jubal said:

Happy Fourth! Our rural county passed an ordinance recently, requested by the horse farms. All fireworks have to stop by 11:00 PM.  Around here, people always stopped by ten. Last night I heard big booms at 1:00 AM. I guess these people don't like being told what to do. I don't care because Jubal got used to loud noises from the neighbor shooting black powder close to his pasture. He puts his head and ears up on the first one, then it's "meh." My cat sleeps through anything but the door opening. She dives under the couch for that.

Wow, you must live in a very horsey area.  I can only imagine trying that around here.  I'd get the bewildered stare from local rednecks.  Libby hates fireworks even more now that she is almost completely blind, so no bang-bangs for us.  She paced and worked up a little sweat, but did okay.  

Edited by little cow

2 hours ago, little cow said:

Wow, you must live in a very horsey area.  I can only imagine trying that around here.  I'd get the bewildered stare from local rednecks.  Libby hates fireworks even more now that she is almost completely blind, so no bang-bangs for us.  She paced and worked up a little sweat, but did okay.  

Very horsey county. Calls itself " Saddlebred capitol of the world." They wanted to confine fireworks to only a few days of the year. That didn't pass.

Very cute puppy pictures!  

Show Saddlebreds?  Oh boy.  I wonder what dark secrets there are in your county.  Do they ever turn the show horses out, or just keep them locked in the barn?

Edited by little cow

They turn the broodmares and colts out. I guess the show horses are kept in. There are dark secrets wherever people use horses for profit or competition.

2 hours ago, jubal said:

There are dark secrets wherever people use horses for profit or competition.

Very true!

RRW, Frank's Mom is a short one, Dad was tall. Sadly, hes too tall to run in our local AKC club trials :(

Very hard to get two puppies to sit...but this shows the size well.

20180709_104113.jpg

Edited by PinkTractor

Frank's expression says, "What's he doing in the picture?"

Little lab's says, "Will there be cookies and milk afterwards?"

Edited by jubal

Just wondering as I know there are two different registered sizes for beagles.  Love Franks look in the pic & its possible Ben is going to a monster when grown.  He has really thick legs.

They were good buddies all day...and only one accident (phew).

Ben is going to be a monster if he grows into his feet.

Sometimes it can be miss leading with those pups.  Our Willy had legs like a tree truck & figured he's grow to be a big boy.  In the end he only topped in prime at 62lbs.  Perfect size dog.

RRW. That'll be a perfect size if it happens! Had his 12 week check up and final shots today.....vet says everything looks good! Hes been wonderful the last two days. Now beagle on the other hand...