Sign in to follow this  
pocobuckgal

Opinions please

Ok been think about next years birthdays for the kids . Shys getting at the age where while she likes to play her peers don't and that makes it hard . And poor Conner his birthday always seems to be around a snow storm. 

So anywho I was thinking about renting the pool next year it's a minimum of of two hours for about 300 bucks . If I do this I know shy at least will want to be in the pool and with her friends not eating cake and opening gifts. Do you think that would upset anyone? 

I think most kids would want to be in the pool. You could specify no gifts on the invitations. The parents would be thrilled. Just be sure to have enough adults to supervise the kids in the pool.

No gift party is a great idea.  Go simple with the food cupcakes, chips/dip, cookies.  If you were really smart have the party 1pm-3pm then it isn't lunch time.  If you want games do something fun like egg toss or use water balloons.

Don't think I'd have to do much to entertain them two water slides , splash pad, and a leisure pool and the pool with the diving boards . I like the no gifts idea . I guess I could ask that the donate somewhere if they want but not required? 

17 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

There have been kids in our town who asked for items that the local humane society has on their wish list.  Then the BDay kid takes in the donation of goods.

:smile: Nice kids.