Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

Prayers Please

Eight days. And I bet it seems like eternity to her. I'm yelling at the universe as loud as I can "Make this okay."

Thanks jubal. Her radiation ends Wednesday and last round of chemo is the last Wednesday-Friday of month (tomorrow is 3rd day of this round).

FINGERS CROSSED - many prayers said - Mom ended radiation yesterday. 29 treatments. She was able to ring the bell on her way out. I HOPE AND PRAY that these destroyed the tumor.

She gets a CT in about three weeks. We will know more then. They cancelled her last chemo treatment until we find out results from CT.

She did it. We got this. :angel3::huggy:

Hope she can recoup a little until she gets some results from the CT. 

Prayers and good thoughts for good news. 

Life has been very rough. Mom hasn't been able to eat or keep anything down, despite nausea meds, since the end of radiation. She has dropped a lot of weight, and she was tiny before. Meet with her doctor in 2 weeks...2 weeks too long, but you know how specialized places are :(

This is so tough.

Pink,  I feel for your mom,  & I also feel for you & all family members that love & support your Mom.  Not easy watching your Mom suffer through this,& it is pain to her, & all that Love her.  Been there done that.  Mozelle had many days like that, you feel so helpless, as there is little you can do, other than just being there for them. This hug is for your Mom, :huggy: & this hug is for you.  :huggy:The loving & supportive daughter. :angel3::angel3: Best Wishes & God Bless.   PD

Thank you everyone so deeply for your prayers - please continue them if you don't mind.

We had a follow up appointment  AND IT WENT GREAT!

Doctor feels that she has made excellent improvement and any lymphnodes that were infected are no longer there. She does have scarring, but that is to be expected because of the large amount of radiation. We opted in doing a blood transfusion tomorrow along with this round of chemo (Wednesday-Friday). We will reevaluate from there - but he feels she will be put into REMISSION!

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words.

Wow, she must be tough.  It sounds like you were there all through this with her.  Many more prayers for healing and things returning to normal for you both.  

Thank you LC - she is very tough. There was a point that she wanted to give up. Even said it - but thank the lord she decided to keep fighting. The words that she heard this week have made such an improvement on her alone. It gave her HOPE again <3 Bless her.

:huggy:

Pink,  Glad your mom found hope from those around her. that shows that family & froiends make a great difference when going through this. Many were there for Mozelle & I, it made a great difference, many times over.  Peace to your Mom. Best Wisshes.  PD

She made it through this round of chemo with no major issues. She has a ton of bloodwork to get done in two weeks - then they're going to do another lower dose of chemo (this one was 14% lower then her other - so next one is like 30% lower) Halloween-the 2nd. We are not really sure why, but it was scheduled and the chemo nurse told her about it. We meet with the doctor on the 30th. Not going to argue it though, because it obviously has been working and they may just be trying to wean it out of her by keep lowering the dose.

While I don't know what to say, I just want you to know I keep thinking of you both and hope things keep improving.  I could tell this was so hard to go through, for you both, but I hope it has brought you closer together.

22 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

While I don't know what to say, I just want you to know I keep thinking of you both and hope things keep improving.  I could tell this was so hard to go through, for you both, but I hope it has brought you closer together.

My Mamma and I have always been close. My best friend, a role model, the one I look up to. But thank you, hoping it's an upward spiral.