Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

Prayers Please

Just wanted to let everyone know we had a 3-month post treatment scan and everything was good.

She will start a low dose preventative radiation in the next week or two for ten rounds - then it'll be a regular 3 month check-up regularly.

I know it's been an awful  ordeal for your mom, Pink, and you. I hope this is the end of your worries and the rest of your lives is smooth sailing.

Pink, That is good news, do hope everything continues to go well for your Mom.  Best Wishes & God Bless.  PD

Our year has been quite testing so far. Mom finished the radiation of her head. Grama, my Mom's Mom - had emergency open-heart surgery. She's recovering - but staying with my parents til she is strong enough to go home. Hoping that is the end and everything else continues going up hill. Sheesh, someone must think we have one strong family with what they keep dumping on us.

Pink, I wish you r family the very best, sometimes when it rains it pours.  Here's hoping for sunshine in your family members.  Take Care & Best Wishes. PD

Pink, hopefully the rest of the year everything will improve. Well wishes for your mother and grandmother. 

Can we all spare some more prayers? My Mom hasnt had a good last two months. Although her last set of scans were clear, she has had some very rough times. She cannot go out and do anything as she is very weak, has some trouble breathing again, and cannot go a day without extreme dizziness. 

She will be seeing her original doctor from the ER when this all started next week. Does not see her cancer doctors until next month (they referred her to the other).

Very nerve racking. 

Thanks.

Your poor mom! I hope she can get some answers soon and that the current problems are unrelated to the cancer and easily solved. I'm sending all my positive thoughts.

Appointment was yesterday. The doctor is a pulmonologist. They really just played everything off as sinus and post nasal drip. They said he coughing will always be there (but increasingly so because of PND) - but that could be leading to her dizziness. They did a chest x-ray comparison and that was good (whew).

She will see the cancer doctor in two weeks, will be getting all new CT's and will go from there.

Not sure I believe what's being said, but I'm hopeful. Thanks all (HUGS)

Can I cry? I mean, we have no "news" yet - but I am just exhausted. My Dad is defeated. We're at a loss.

Mom has been having more bad days then good. She went today for a port flush and they wanted to send her to ER for fluids. She refused. Since I work with the paramedics she called to see who was on...of course noone she cares for. So I set up an immediate appointment at doctors office and my Dad gets her to the office for an IV. I provided the supplies (again since I work with the paramedics). They called and needed more needles. The IV keeps blowing. Now, mind you, this is the third and fourth try. We tried last night and blew two. She NEEDS FLUID. The doctor is afraid things are shutting down.BUT, if we get her fluids - A LOT OF THEM, she should start getting rid of some of her symptoms (dizziness, high heart rate, low bp, headache, etc).

SHE IS SO STUBBORN. I am going to have to have her hate me and just be blunt and ask if she wants me to start planning her funeral. I HATE to even think that, but she needs a reality check.

Ugh, just needed to vent. She goes for her scan on the 11th. We will know that

WHEW. Just got the call, they got it to start.

Yes, Pink. You need to stick to your guns and do what's necessary. As I'm sure you know, dehydration can cause many of the things she is experiencing. You can worry about defying her after she is hydrated and thinking clearly. She may not even remember.

Oh she knows exactly what she is doing. Her mind is all there. She's just so bull headed and stubborn.

She's on depression medication and her "loony bin" pills aka anxiety. We understand she wants to get back to "normal life" - as we ALL want that for her. But, she has to put in the effort, too.

Did I mention she got elected assistant chief? That is HUGE. First female ever, in our department - and if all goes right she will be chief next year. That right there should be motivation.

Sometimes we old folk just get tired of the fight, tired of the meds, tired of the constant poking to keep going.

On 11/8/2019 at 2:00 PM, noponies said:

Sometimes we old folk just get tired of the fight, tired of the meds, tired of the constant poking to keep going.

She's not old :( Honestly. She's only in her early 50's.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:50 AM, jubal said:

Could the depression be a side effect of one of her meds?  Or maybe the combination of the meds?

I'm sure anything is possible. She seems to be doing better this weekend. The fluids definitely helped her. She goes today for her cancer doctor follow up.