rosy

Just wanted to say hi!

I haven't been on here in forever and thought I'd check in. This place looks a little different. Was wondering how everyone was. Both my Rosy and Lightning have passed on so I'm horseless now but we did get a new puppy which has been an adventure.006.thumb.JPG.d3f391c5d28b6fdbf2bd22e2e6d79784.JPG She's a chiweenie and a mess. She's 11 weeks old and not housebroken yet but we're working on it. I'm hoping someone remembers me but if not I guess I'm glad to meet new people.

Edited by rosy
Wanted to add a tag

Hi, Rosy! Sorry to hear about your horses. Your puppy is adorable. My Weiner dog passed away but I remember how hard it was to housebreak. I just love their personalities, even with the struggles.

Nice to see you Rosy.  Sorry about your horses, you puppy has that "who me?" look.  That just means one thing.....TROUBLE

Don't be go to long as we would like to see you around some more.

I've just been so busy and yes she's a little trouble maker but cute while she does it. Thanks guys. I'm glad you remember me.

Hi Rosy. Cute puppy. Have no fear, mine is almost 15 weeks and still not fully house broke. But got to keep in mind, breeder never really worked on it as they were outdoors most of the time.

I remember you, Rosy!  Sorry to hear about your horses passing on.  They leave hoof prints on our hearts.  Your little puppers *does* look like she's a mess!  I bet she just have to give you her puppy-head-tilt with big ole eyes and she's forgiven.  

rosy, Welcome back,  I had to stop & think who you were, then it came to me, heck to get old & sometimes the memory plays tricks on you.   Glad you came back, always good to have old friends back home.  Cute dog, I see he has stole your heart. Best Wishes.  PD 

Proud Dad I know what you're talking about with the getting older. I forget things all the time. 

One of these days I'll get her housebroken.....maybe....and yes she gets forgiven easily. LOL

Rosy, my 12 year old dachshund had to be put down (back issues) and I recently bought the next one (she makes my fourth doxie)  She was supposed to be house broke to a doggie door.......well, apparently not broke at all! She will go through the doggy door,  yes,  ( I have one too) but she can stay outside for an hour and then come back in and pee in the floor! It's driving me crazy cause my other dog (DJ) would hold it for 12/13 hours if he needed too!

I had no luck at all in getting her to go on command but recently I resorted to swatting her with the fly swatter if I caught her peeing and that has helped a lot. I have had a couple of days where I didn't find any puddles in the floor....... I have my fingers crossed. She is just the sweetest thing. Now, if only she will stop peeing in my floors all will be great!!

I have puppy pads on the floor because its not safe for her by herself outside. We have bobcats and hawks and she's so little anything could carry her off so we'll just do the best we can. Hopefully I can get her to at least use the pads then we'll figure out how to go from there. I wish you lots of luck getting yours to go outside though.

We have always crate trained our dogs - they find the crate a nice, secure place to be and don't want to pee there, then you bring them out immediately and they have to go - then reward, they soon figure out that outdoors is the place to go!

Magic and Rosy - neither of those things (pee pads or straight out of crate to outdoors) works for me. I keep Lilly in the crate all night and take her outside first thing to pee ..... she runs here and there, plays has a good time. you can keep her out an hour and she still saves it till she comes back inside! (That was the first 3 weeks...now I have had 3 days (not consecutive) in which she didn't mess in the house (but yesterday, she peed and pooped! grr!)

She knows if I raise my voice and speak sternly that I have found pee and she runs to the doggy door! Now if she would only go to the door FIRST!!

I tried the pee pads too, thinking that maybe she was used to that................nope, pees where there is floor, not on the pad!

Dancin, I had a dachshund that was hard to housebreak. I would take her out and if she pottied outside we would have a Potty Party. I would praise her loudly and give her a treat. She finally quit going in the house. Scolding dachshunds doesn't work. They get revenge!!

This is my first weenie but I think with the Chihuahua in her too it could get interesting but we'll see. My sister in law still has trouble with her weenie and he's 6 so I don't know I think it just depends on the dog. 

Here's some more pictures of Chocolate and my two kitties Diamond and Tiger. This has been interesting adding a puppy in the mix. The cats are not happy but tolerate her as long as she don't get too close. 

009.JPG

005.JPG

024.JPG

004.JPG

rosy,

Ypur cats might be more accepting of Chocolate,  in time when she is less hyper, only natural that a young pup is curious about everything, & checking things out. Those pictures of her, seem to be saying what is that, only natural she explores her surroundings.,  & you wouldn't want her any other way.   Best Wishes.  PD

Are you sure of her breeding? She looks  sort of like a Peke around the eyes. But I've never seen a Chiweenie either.

I think your kitties are plotting murder.

Your puppy is so tiny. The cats probably think he is a pain in the butt!! They may become friends in the future. I had a yellow cat like your's and he ended up being best friends with one dog and the dog was his biggest pest.

As for her being a chiweenie that's just what they told us. I see the weenie in her for sure but I don't know on the rest and honestly it doesn't matter because as soon as I can she's getting spade. 

I could see her making friends with Tiger but not Diamond. Diamond is older and cranky. She doesn't even put up with the other cat and yes the puppy is more of a bother to them than anything else. She's tiny but has lots of attitude and has learned how to bark. They just stare at her.

Rosy, cute puppy.

I have had three dachshunds before this one. The very first one practically house broke himself, the next two were hard headed about house training. Max and DJ were both at least 6 months old before they began to be reliable at all. I have hopes for Lilly! She is beginning to get better. Most days (if I am in the house with her) she goes in and out and does her pooping and peeing outside. I thought we were doing real well this week but yesterday we were gone for a while. When we got back she ran in and out. Played in the yard with Peewee and the cats.......................after 30 or 40 minutes she followed Roger into the basement .....and peed on a rug!! I'm sure she will get there eventually but I have to leave her at a pet sitters when we go on vacation the end of September-first of October. I'm sure she will regress after that. (she is a very timid little girl).

The pet sitter place is a dog groomer that lets all the dogs run together during the day and only pens them at night. I'm pretty sure that Lilly will be messing in her:( floor!