Sign in to follow this  
NaughtyNeigh2

We finally almost finished our lying down trick

On the ground he'll lie down at liberty just by pointing at his foot and saying down..... So i thought I'd try it ridden for our first time. 

We did it! So so happy our trick is finally almost finished. 

He's also half way to doing Spanish walk (though currently it's more a cobbish walk.... Gracefulness needs improvement!) and starting to learn piaffe too. I shall post videos once he's more established as its very much just starting currently. 

MOV_4433_002.mp4

IMG_20180802_095111_700.jpg

Thanks! 

Yes I just put the lead rope in the same place on his neck as I used to on the ground and pointed at his left foot with the stick and say down. Hoping to eventually just have it like we do on the ground which is without the neck rope and pointing at his foot and saying 'down'. 

(We do have it on a specific point on his foot for this trick where it isn't confused for Spanish walk or the farrier lol... Different cue points for each one. ) 

He probably can learn to do it with just the spoken word "down." My horse knows "Do you have to poop?" I swear. I ask him before he comes out of the stall so I don't have to clean up messes in the aisle.