Sign in to follow this  
NaughtyNeigh2

Starting levade

Pretty sure i spam this board but some more pics of another area we're focusing on. 

Starting levade/pessade. Only third day of trying.....no way strong enough to hold it properly but just starting the idea of lifting both legs. 

MOV_4432_001.mp4

IMG_20180810_183551_053.jpg

IMG_20180810_183551_054.jpg

Yeah... Eight years of teaching him manners and feet remaining on the ground..... Haha. Anything for cookies lol. 

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

You and Coblet are the best thing on these boards!  Keep posting photos and videos! He is so willing!

Aw thank you! We had a go under saddle for the first time today which he did.... After a short while of questioning if my partner reaaaaaally meant for him to do that with 'mum' still on his back lol. 

We have the battle of Hastings next month though so i don't want him doing too much going up yet as he'll have spears and swords being waved at him there ..... So we're leaving this one till after then and will carry on with it over winter to avoid any confusion early on! 

Screenshot_20180831-205419~2.png

Screenshot_20180831-205437~2.png

Thanks! 

He's had the weekend off this week, as I've been grooming at the Duke of Newcastle shows the company does throughout the summer. It's quite nice seeing the Spanish horses at work.... I mostly just turn them out for the shows and warm them up but also get to be involved on the ground for the show for the inhand training work on pessades etc in some. My partner rides in it (in the black and white photo lol). So much nicer having a horsey partner (and just generally nice partner lol!) 

FB_IMG_1535912199321.jpg

FB_IMG_1535912176726.jpg

FB_IMG_1535894969706.jpg

FB_IMG_1535912247740.jpg

AirBrush_20180902144501.jpg

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

It's all with the same jousting company and classical yard..... They're a historic riding company basically. I'm dropping down my normal job hours to do more work with them next year. My partners been a rider for them for a while. Its very cool! April till October is various event season, jousts, these shows, battles etc. 

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

I don't think there's anything comparable in the US, unless you count Civil War re-enactments.

ETA After using the Googler, I stand corrected. There are jousting leagues in the US. They don't look as authentic as yours, though.

Edited by jubal

No they're quite different.....we have the same stunt type jousting over here too. Everything we do we try to do historically accurate, ie tournament rules and heraldry/costumes etc are all from manuscripts etc. 

There's three main types of jousting over here; stunt, bolsa and solid. 

Stunt being stunt.... Light lances and people falling off etc, stunt riders etc. 

Bolsa being what I've been doing and the main type of events over here. 3/4 solid wood but then the end being prepped soft bolsa wood. Proper armour. 

Solid, exactly what it sounds like. Solid lances and proper hardened armour, needs to be specially made to take solid hits and protect the rider. Costs in excess of £25000 minimum to custom make. Real deal and only a few do solids over here and only one event here in the UK that holds a solid joust. 

Not many! Currently I'm the only historical 13th century one I think and there's one or two that do 15th century (tilt rail and full plate armour). 

There's a lot more women internationally that do it but not many in the UK. 

I can't comment on stunt jousting as not anything I'm involved with but I'm guessing there's more females doing stunt riding stuff. 

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

Thanks! 

They're so comfy to ride in. It's next on my list to get one! 

I prefer the medieval ones out of choice though! They're super comfy. 

Screenshot_20180827-182459~2.png

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

The jousting saddle is so high in the front, I don't think I'd like that poking me whenever I bend forward.  It is why I stayed away from saddle horns in my current saddles.

Hahaha ordinarily I'd agree..... A low Lance is not good though and you're thankful of a high front to protect you! Doing gates out hacking is difficult however lol depending how high up your horse is from the gate lol!

Solo had another play tonight but with Uncle Sparks. And a few pics from last night. 

VID_178641231_231357_404.mp4

IMG_20180906_210730_746.jpg

IMG_20180906_210730_747.jpg

IMG_20180906_210730_748.jpg

IMG_20180906_080108_896.jpg

IMG_20180906_080108_913.jpg

IMG_20180906_080108_894.jpg