Sign in to follow this  
little cow

New Puppy Pics

We have been very busy with the move and the puppy.  However, I thought perhaps the brute squad would be out if I didn't get cute puppy pictures, so....

Here's Leo, the Chessie:

4OOKzV7.jpg

IPZbGMn.jpg

PD3inrC.jpg

FSIcZTQ.jpg

W670vLS.jpg

He's got some good breeding in him.  Already in the water.  

Love that third pic of him at the fire pit leg.  Do understand that leg will be chewed off in a couple days.

"Who Me????"

We went to a dog friendly beach near us.  I thought we would walk along the shore for a bit to get him used to the noise.  Nope.  He tugged towards the water and splashed right in.  

Edited by little cow

Hope you don't have water on your property.  We are on a river & have a pond at the farm.  Our water loving dogs always smell like the swamp thing during the summer.  Course they always go for a swim 5min before you have to go someplace.

That's the Atlantic.  I was surprised the waves didn't spook him.  

We have a creek, but it's through a gate.  With all the rain, however, we always have puddles.  Our Spaniel is worse about jumping in puddles, lol!  Both dogs got a bath yesterday.  

We have taken the puppy to so many places his first two weeks with us.  We avoid other dogs and public water bowls, but he has to be socialized.  He's met over 100 people already.  That's the goal I set for puppies: 100 people before 12 weeks old.  You have to be smart and keep them safe from others dog's leavings, as well as other dogs.  

Puppy kindergarten starts later this month for safe dog socialization.  Chessies can be dog and people aggressive without proper socialization.  

He's so adorable! And Railroad Woman - I have yet to meet a Chessie pup of any age that doesn't immediately go into the water - after all, it's what they are bred to do!

Love that he is laying in what I refer to as Frog Dog pose!! My 6 year old still lays like that. :)