Sign in to follow this  
little cow

Kitty Needs Help Pics added 9/18

I got to snuggle Delilah, finally!

Before her vet appointment today, I placed her in an old crate, bagged and threw out all of her "furniture", and then cleaned the empty crate with diluted bleach.  She went into our laundry room for a bath in the deep sink (our other cats were locked out).  Then, back into a clean carrier to dry until her vet appointment.  Meanwhile, I had a shower and dumped my clothes into the washer.  Our house cats received a treatment yesterday in case they had contact with scabies.  

The appointment went very well.  She is clear of internal and external parasites.  So, while waiting for them to draw up vaccines, I snuggled her on my lap/  What an amazingly sweet kitty!  She nestled right down, purred, and even gave me a few licks while very gently kneading my legs.  It has been very strange having a pet that I could only touch with gloved hands.  She was probably wondering what I was waiting for.  Anyway, she is ready for her tack room, which will be completed tomorrow.  We just need to nail up some OSB on the back wall.  

Imgur has an issue right now, but I will upload pictures when I can. 

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY for snuggles with the sweet kitty!  =^..^=
I bet she feels so much better.

Delilah has really settled in.  She loves her barn and her tack room.  The tack room is enclosed except for the walls on either side, which are stalls.  That provides ventilation.  Or, perhaps some entertainment, if a mouse slips in.  She is locked up in the tack room at night and has her cat door for access to the barn during the day.  I have never seen her outside the barn.  She loves it.

3dYePbT.jpg

792Cg7W.jpg

Hahahaha!!!!!  You must have received the mental wave.  Was going to post a request for an update but got interrupted.

She is looking like the queen of the barn.  The barn you do realize wasn't built for you & the critters but for the cat.

11 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Hahahaha!!!!!  You must have received the mental wave.  Was going to post a request for an update but got interrupted.

She is looking like the queen of the barn.  The barn you do realize wasn't built for you & the critters but for the cat.

Oh yes.  In fact, the dogs are not allowed in.  At all.  We have gates to keep them out.  They pout outside the gate a little, but it makes it easier.  The puppy just tries to reach 'snacks' in the stalls anyway.  

She looks fantastic and when her fur (longhair?) grows in, with those eyes, she will be a stunning cat.  She looks like she's right at home.

Yep, she's a long haired kitty.  She has a brush that she loves, so, hopefully, she will be easy to manage as an outdoor kitty.  She was afraid of strangers, but if we introduce them, she will come out to meet them.  Her fear of men is also going away (remember that horrible man that wanted to hurt her?).  

She is much darker now that her coat is coming in.  All that grey was her skin showing through.  

Edited by little cow

She's going to be beautiful. And I know she's very grateful. I'm sure she'll repay your help by catching many mice.

She is really going to be beautiful. Lucky cat to land at your place!