Sign in to follow this  
NaughtyNeigh2

Solo got ridden last night!

Videos attached. 

He was very good and we've probably been a bit over cautious with him as don't want to rush him and with how we've been trying to undo everything the original breaking yard did. But he's taking it all in his stride. I've sat on him earlier this year but not actually walked off on him or feet in stirrups reins etc. 

Doing more of the same tonight, will eventually sit a little taller each time. He's a bit flappy if he gets scared so just taking things real easy and quiet with him and we're having no issues. 

I quite like him. I originally got him to break and sell potentially......but that's definitely gone out the window now. He's a bit bigger than Coblet and once he trusts you has a really nice nature and tries hard.... so it'll be interesting if he's useful in the future. It would be nice having the best of both types! 

VID_28530415_134422_906.mp4

VID_28401024_014451_546.mp4

MOV_4573_004.mp4

MOV_4571_000.mp4

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

Darn! I was going to wait until you had him started and then tell you to send him over to me! He is so handsome.

When I was a kid, my cousin partner in crime and I collected china horses. But she had one that was fuzzy and mechanical. After winding him up, he would pace off on his own. We named him Spunky and he looked exactly like Solo.

Nice! You do such a good job with them.

Thank you. 

I rode him by myself last night with no leader, he was very good! Bit sticky moving forwards for a little while to start but then just wiggled him turning and bending left and right and then he got the idea.Even changed the rein and turned. Woah was instant too. Very pleased with him! 

Did some pole work on a circle altering where he went over the poles to what trot he needed, ie collected or lengthened. He only does five minutes of this as it uses up his brain capacity lol. 

IMG_20180917_212455_800.jpg

IMG_20180917_212455_794.jpg

IMG_20180917_212455_774.jpg

IMG_20180917_212455_807.jpg

MOV_4624_000148~2.jpg

VID_38740113_103155_098.mp4

VID_38710220_014059_665.mp4

He has been so incredibly willing. Considering 4 months ago I basically was told to turn him away for another year or not bother with him as he won't accept a saddle or rider, from the other yard he went to. 

Last night its blowing a gale and the trees scrape and bang all down one side of that arena..... He doesn't give a crap about his surroundings. 

Next to Sparks, he's probably been the quietest to ride away ironically enough. Goes to show. 

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2