Sign in to follow this  
RailroadWoman

Whats Your Daytime High???

Oh how I love to bring up this subject.  Lest see who can beat this.

Today our daytime highest temp was....(drum roll).......40 DEGREES!!

No snow as it is ten degrees to warm for that.

1 hour ago, RailroadWoman said:

Oh how I love to bring up this subject.  Lest see who can beat this.

Today our daytime highest temp was....(drum roll).......40 DEGREES!!

No snow as it is ten degrees to warm for that.

And you actually choose to live there? It's around 75 here. Got down to 55 last night. Next week forecast says 80's highs.

Edited by jubal

Well I had to put a light weight sweater on to go for lunch today.  Today's temp doesn't warrant a jacket.

Heck in our room the air is still on & the window is open.  This is how we acclimate for real winter temps when or if it shows up.

When you live up north, you just develop thicker skin, that is why up north people complain about hot weather. when in the south. We're just very lucky here,  we have both cold temps & high property taxes, that helps makes the blood boil, when they send them out just before Christmas, by spring we have calmed down.  Best Wishes. PD

You are all going to give me the smack down but we are enjoying these temps.  It was a high of 50 & what a fantastic day to be outside.

We did work at the farm & sadly the ponies are starting to get fuzzy wuzzy.

72 right now.  High of 88.

I thought you meant another type of high, like best times during the day.  For that I would say time with husband and son and right after feeding, when the farm is quiet and all the animals are happily munching. 

For that kind of high it is when the dogs act like total goofs.  For George its in the morning & anytime is fair game for Odie.  They know just when you need a good laugh or pause in a busy day.

Hugs are another good high for the day

LOL - I just opened this up and thought it was going to be a discussion of what makes you happy during the day - a cup of coffe at 2, a call from your significant other, when the boss goes home, etc... not a discussion of temps!!  By the way, it's about 75 here in CT!

jubal, Don't tell me this cold front went that far south, it was 34 degrees when I got up this AM & calling for a high of 38. PD

It's up to 48 now. It isn't supposed to get below 40 the rest of the week but it was a rude awakening this morning. I had to scramble to find my gloves. On one hand, I wanted a freeze to stop the grass from growing. But I'm  not prepared for it yet.

They are forecasting a slow warm up here.  Our average high for Oct. they say is 50s ^ 60s. But Mother Nature still has the final say.   PD

Now it's up to 60, but even that feels cold after high 80's and 90's all week. I guess we need something to talk about.

Last two morning there has been flurries & dusting snow on roofs.  

Jubal, nice thing with going outside in the morning with those temps is you save on having to buy coffee to wake up.

I fully intended to ride this afternoon. But it was 57 and breezy and I wimped out. Jubal didn't want to either.

And I'll never stop buying coffee.

Edited by jubal

I stay warm better, when there is a lady on my arm, the way my luck is running, I'm going to freeze this winter!!! PD

PD, the ponies will help keep you warm with chores this winter.  Oh wait for that to happen you can't use the tractor.

No roof dusting this morning but the wind is a blowing good.  Had to get out the magic stretchie gloves & a light cap to take the dog out.

RRW,  You don't give me any sympathy at al do you!!!  But I do love your come backs.   Hope you are having a good weekend. I've been shopping on line again. That is my entertainment during these cxold fall nights.  PD

Hahahah.....you know it is just all in fun.  You also know had you walked into my office I'd probably say the same dang thing if not something with else, give a good laugh & a hug hello.

My hubby said if you want a really good laugh or are really board.  Read the personal ads on Craig's List.  

Yesterday turned out to be a nice day temp wise & this morning is starting out the same.  Falls colors are just hanging on, but they aren't going to last much longer.

RRW,  I appreciate your sense of humor, I know you have a big heart.  I think they took most of the personal ads off craigslist. Thdey must have getting to bold, in the way they were written. I can say in the process of looking for love, I've friends with alot of ladies, & they truly are ladies.

On the weather front,  did you see snow flurries this AM?  I was watching them as I ate breakfast this AM.  WAY TO EARLY.