Sign in to follow this  
HorsePoornBigSky

Just a Quick Hello (Sage Pictures)

Hello everyone, I thought I’d say hello and share some recent pictures of Sage. It’s hard to believe that she’s going to be 12 this May. It seems like it was just yesterday that I brought her home. Since she’s not being spoiled rotten, she’s dropped the weight. I’m sure she misses all the “just because” feedings, but she’ll get over it lol

I’m in my second semester of nursing school so I haven’t really had any time to spend with her. No riding or anything. I had a custom saddle and tree built for her because she has such wide shoulders, I couldn’t find a saddle to fit. This summer I’ll be able to break it in. I’ll be working in Western Kansas all summer. I’m thinking Sage will love not spending the summer in humidity.

I hope everyone is doing well. I periodically check on here when I get a spare minute or two from nursing school.

33266312098_6959e2d0be_z.jpgGrulla Quarter Horse (Sage) by Heather T, on Flickr

33266308358_66a095df0e_z.jpgGrulla Quarter Horse (Sage) by Heather T, on Flickr

33266306878_3e2365db2e_z.jpgGrulla Quarter Horse (Sage) by Heather T, on Flickr

40176818333_6654d90505_z.jpgGrulla Quarter Horse (Sage) by Heather T, on Flickr

47141765361_0bedb15171_z.jpgGrulla Quarter Horse (Sage) by Heather T, on Flickr

46227517535_512bcbcdd5_z.jpgGrulla Quarter Horse (Sage) by Heather T, on Flickr

47141740021_43c4bf342f_z.jpgGrulla Quarter Horse (Sage) by Heather T, on Flickr

47089576272_62b41ebbaa_z.jpgSaddle by Heather T, on Flickr

Edited by HorsePoornBigSky

Ooo what a pretty girl!!! Nice saddle too! Good luck with nursing school, dont forget to take a little time for yourself.

2 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Have always loved seeing pic of your girl.  Hard to believe its been 12 hrs since the first pic.

Thank you RailroadWoman, it's definitely hard to believe she's that old. I have to stop and think if she's really 12 or not lol

2 hours ago, jubal said:

She doesn't look a bit older but she does look a bit slimmer. Still beautiful!

Thank you Jubal, she's much slimmer. My friend liked to keep her well fed, even though I said she's an easy keeper and doesn't need the extra food.

52 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

Ooo what a pretty girl!!! Nice saddle too! Good luck with nursing school, dont forget to take a little time for yourself.

Thank you QueenBAW, it gets a little hectic with school but it'll be worth it next May when I'm finished. I'll have to find another college to finish up the BA but at least the majority of it will be done. Sadly, this is the first set of pictures I've taken of Sage. I usually take quite a few pictures of her. She's good for stress relief!

Thanks for sharing pics of Sage - she looks great! Hope you can squeeze in some riding time - it's good therapy for  busy nursing student!!

Looks like you're still enjoying your camera.  I'll bet Sage is great at posing for you.  Best wishes at nursing school!  Are you heading back to Montana when you finish?