Sign in to follow this  
qhridinGA

Check in.

Evening, I have not popped my head in here in quite some time.  

How is everything going?  Life moves on here.   It has all changed, not for the good, but we are trying.  

I'm sorry, qh.

Not much change.  I have a bad gallbladder (surgery scheduled). 

We stopped breeding Dexter cattle.  We just have a few pet cows now.  One pet cow has an atrocious udder (she is one of our first calves and she gave us lots of good beef over the years because we had to cull all her calves to keep her traits from passing on).  She is very dear to us, despite her goofy udder.  She just had her last calf and I designed a bra for her to help give her support until she can have surgery on her udder in November.  A cow 'mammectomy', as they call it.

I am down to one horse and John has his pony.  We ride as often as we can (early mornings because of the heat). 

I had to put my old mare, Libby, down.  It sucked, but it was time.  She went peacefully, but we couldn't bury her here (spring runs under our land).  I cut her tail and she went to the landfill.  :mecry:

The GSD pup, Zeke, is now 6 months old.  He finally has enough self control to wander around the house without chasing cats or stealing socks.  Okay, he still steals an occasional sock, but he's much better.  :crazy:

Edited by little cow

QH, sure hope things turn for the better for you and your family.  

Nice to see you pop in by all means feel free to stop more frequently.  As for my part of the world not much different for us, work work work is what we do.  Doing our best finding a little fun time during the busy summer.  

Nice to her from you - hope that things get better for you and yours.  I don't share a lot here, but we are doing fine in CT - my horse, now 21, had a bad leg injury that required stitches and for him to stay in his stall for several weeks, and now he is coughing and has had 2 episodes of heaves.  We are soaking his hay, and he is now turned out with the herd all day, and on an allergy med, so hopefully this will pass and not be chronic.   Minimal riding here due to injury, heat, travel and family commitments - but all is good.  Take care!