Sign in to follow this  
pocobuckgal

Poor shy

Shy ended up at the ER tonight . 6 hours , many tubes of blood, a cup of pee, and a bag of fluids later , she has pneumonia. Her heart rate was really high. Low fever. She feels like crud. Heart rate is still a little high but not scary high now . now hoping she stays seizure free .

1029191700.jpg

1029191806.jpg

Sorry your daughter is sick.  With the dedicated mother hen you are (its a compliment) she will be fine.

I am & know you are a momma bear that protects her cubs.  Please take care.

Thanks . she is feeling better a bit today. She is mad to be missing school . she LOVES her new school ! So do I.  They are so wonderful for her.  She has two different antibiotics to take over the next 10 days or so . she wants to go outside and it's cold and wet so it's a no go . 

Shy is back at school and loving it well not the getting up early part but all the rest .  she is learning real life skills as well as basic school stuff ! 

1105190826.jpg

1105190826a.jpg

1105190827.jpg

3 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Fantastic that the school is giving lessons on laundry.   It is amazing how many kids when they move out have no idea on how to live.

I Love it! She has come so far in the short time she has been there! She no longer has meltdowns in math because she knows that if she doesn't understand it She can get help that she understands. She is no longer put in the hall when she does get upset but is learning to talk through her frustration . we have finally found a school that works ! 

That is great about her school.  A positive environment makes for great learning. 

We've seen a dramatic change in Shortman at school this year as they have a new principal who in now in her second year.  Seems the teachers, families and even the kids are happier.  Amazing what a difference in the staff can make for a better school. 

I'm glad you found a school that helps her and others like her. That is so important and I wish there were more all around.

Glad she is feeling better, too.