Sign in to follow this  
wbg4ever

Your thoughts on evolution

quote:

Originally posted by Silence:

quote:

Silence - No offence, but the earth is NOT the center of the universe. That's not even debatable. If you still think that the Sun revolves around the Earth you're just turning a blind eye to the truth. Google the topic.. you can disprove your own theory in about 10 seconds flat.

How do you KNOW it's not? hmm? The reason why YOU, not me, YOU could disprove this theory in 10 seconds flat is because information on it, is very hard to get. You have to dig deeper then what comes up on the first veiw pages of google to find information sometimes. I got my info from a christian science teacher. She got her book on it, from a Christian scientist.

quote:

And how do you know that the sun stopped for a day?

I kind of hope you're joking about the geocentric universe...that's been disproven since the days of Copernicus.

I don't know for sure that it stopped. But part of me believing in God and the Bible is having unconditional faith in what the Bible says. And no I'm not joking.

Why isn't there more info about the geocentric beliefs? Becuase it is VERY hard for Christian scientists to make themselves heard in the scientific world. If they walked up with this thought, this idea, the rest of the scientific communtiy would laugh at them.

I got my info for it from a reliable source, granted I did question it very hard. But I was allowed to take the books home, where I read them over and over again, absorbed them. The thoughts and veiws of these few men coupled with what the Bible said make so much sense to me. I constantly question what the old scientists and theologists said, I don't know why, I just do. Things are always changing. So why can't an old proven thought be disproven?

You can believe what you want to believe, and I'll continue believeing that the earth is the center of the universe. Why? Simply because I can, and no one can stop me. And I'll continue searching and sifting through thousands of articles on the subject of what is and isn't the center of the world.

Um, we know it's not because of measurements taken with scientific instruments (during solar eclipses), and photos taken by satellites and space shuttles.

Hey at least you won't be competition for me in grad school...

quote:

quote:

Silence - No offence, but the earth is NOT the center of the universe. That's not even debatable. If you still think that the Sun revolves around the Earth you're just turning a blind eye to the truth. Google the topic.. you can disprove your own theory in about 10 seconds flat.

How do you KNOW it's not? hmm? The reason why YOU, not me, YOU could disprove this theory in 10 seconds flat is because information on it, is very hard to get. You have to dig deeper then what comes up on the first veiw pages of google to find information sometimes. I got my info from a christian science teacher. She got her book on it, from a Christian scientist.

quote:

I kind of hope you're joking about the geocentric universe...that's been disproven since the days of Copernicus.

I don't know for sure that it stopped. But part of me believing in God and the Bible is having unconditional faith in what the Bible says. And no I'm not joking.

Why isn't there more info about the geocentric beliefs? Becuase it is VERY hard for Christian scientists to make themselves heard in the scientific world. If they walked up with this thought, this idea, the rest of the scientific communtiy would laugh at them.

I got my info for it from a reliable source, granted I did question it very hard. But I was allowed to take the books home, where I read them over and over again, absorbed them. The thoughts and veiws of these few men coupled with what the Bible said make so much sense to me. I constantly question what the old scientists and theologists said, I don't know why, I just do. Things are always changing. So why can't an old proven thought be disproven?

You can believe what you want to believe, and I'll continue believeing that the earth is the center of the universe. Why? Simply because I can, and no one can stop me. And I'll continue searching and sifting through thousands of articles on the subject of what is and isn't the center of the world.

Um, we know it's not because of measurements taken with scientific instruments (during solar eclipses), and photos taken by satellites and space shuttles.

quote:

Originally posted by CanadianGolden:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rude much? Grow up hun.

Scientific instruments can be wrong. I did not put my thoughts and beliefs out there for someone to come along and try to tear them down. I believe it. If you don't believe it and you have a problem with it, sorry, can't help you there.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rude much? Grow up hun.

Scientific instruments can be wrong. I did not put my thoughts and beliefs out there for someone to come along and try to tear them down. I believe it. If you don't believe it and you have a problem with it, sorry, can't help you there.

quote:

Originally posted by +Rebel+:

A book can be wrong, too.
[Wink]

Yep you're right. Never said I blindly believe books either. Belief in something is partly faith.

It's my belief...no one else has to believe it. And no one needs to try to make me change my mind. And you can show me a thousand articles that "disprove" it. Frankly..I've read a TON of stuff on both sides of the fence. And guess what? I STILL believe in geocentricity.

[ 08-17-2006, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Silence ]

quote:

Originally posted by +Rebel+:

A book can be wrong, too.
[Wink]

Yep you're right. Never said I blindly believe books either. Belief in something is partly faith.

It's my belief...no one else has to believe it. And no one needs to try to make me change my mind. And you can show me a thousand articles that "disprove" it. Frankly..I've read a TON of stuff on both sides of the fence. And guess what? I STILL believe in geocentricity.

[ 08-17-2006, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Silence ]

quote:

Rude much? Grow up hun.

Scientific instruments can be wrong. I did not put my thoughts and beliefs out there for someone to come along and try to tear them down. I believe it. If you don't believe it and you have a problem with it, sorry, can't help you there.[/QB]

When you post that your belief is something blatantly wrong and outdated, expect to have people act incredulous. And expect logical people to roll their eyes.

quote:

Rude much? Grow up hun.

Scientific instruments can be wrong. I did not put my thoughts and beliefs out there for someone to come along and try to tear them down. I believe it. If you don't believe it and you have a problem with it, sorry, can't help you there.[/QB]

When you post that your belief is something blatantly wrong and outdated, expect to have people act incredulous. And expect logical people to roll their eyes.

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

I could turn around say evolution is blatantly wrong. But, I won't. Because it's rude and childish. If people want to believe something, that's their right. Who am I to judge and say what they believe is wrong?

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

I could turn around say evolution is blatantly wrong. But, I won't. Because it's rude and childish. If people want to believe something, that's their right. Who am I to judge and say what they believe is wrong?

quote:

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

That's because you don't have proof to back up a claim that evolution is wrong. In fact, there's a lot of evidence supporting evolution.

Do you think that it is okay for people to believe that 2 + 2 = 5? Because that's wrong, and provably so. Same with a geocentric universe. You can't just say things are or aren't true because you feel like it and ignore the proof of facts.

It's not rude and childish to state that something that's been proven wrong is wrong, it's stating a fact.

[ 08-17-2006, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: CanadianGolden ]

quote:

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

That's because you don't have proof to back up a claim that evolution is wrong. In fact, there's a lot of evidence supporting evolution.

Do you think that it is okay for people to believe that 2 + 2 = 5? Because that's wrong, and provably so. Same with a geocentric universe. You can't just say things are or aren't true because you feel like it and ignore the proof of facts.

It's not rude and childish to state that something that's been proven wrong is wrong, it's stating a fact.

[ 08-17-2006, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: CanadianGolden ]

quote:

quote:

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

That's because you don't have proof to back up a claim that evolution is wrong. In fact, there's a lot of evidence supporting religion.

Do you think that is okay for people to believe that 2 + 2 = 5? Because that's wrong, and provably so. Same with a geocentric universe. You can't just say things are or aren't true because you feel like it and ignore the proof of facts.

I DO have proof that a geocentric universe could and in my mind IS true. I just can't get them on the **** computer right now.

And YOU can't just say what I believe isn't true. I didn't come on here and say that there is a geocentric universe and that any other belief is wrong. I said that I, ME, PERSONALLY, believes that it is true.

quote:

quote:

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

That's because you don't have proof to back up a claim that evolution is wrong. In fact, there's a lot of evidence supporting religion.

Do you think that is okay for people to believe that 2 + 2 = 5? Because that's wrong, and provably so. Same with a geocentric universe. You can't just say things are or aren't true because you feel like it and ignore the proof of facts.

I DO have proof that a geocentric universe could and in my mind IS true. I just can't get them on the **** computer right now.

And YOU can't just say what I believe isn't true. I didn't come on here and say that there is a geocentric universe and that any other belief is wrong. I said that I, ME, PERSONALLY, believes that it is true.

quote:

K, going with that thought, I don't believe the "facts" of evolution. So, again, going with your above thought. Because I personally don't believe it, I have a right to tell others that believe it, that they are wrong?

Nope. It's freedom of choice, will, beliefs, and personal opinion.

quote:

K, going with that thought, I don't believe the "facts" of evolution. So, again, going with your above thought. Because I personally don't believe it, I have a right to tell others that believe it, that they are wrong?

Nope. It's freedom of choice, will, beliefs, and personal opinion.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

But in your mind you could believe that you were a cat, and you could firmly believe it, and it wouldn't make it TRUE. I guess it's nice that you believe in a geocentric universe, but it's about as true as saying you're a cat.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

But in your mind you could believe that you were a cat, and you could firmly believe it, and it wouldn't make it TRUE. I guess it's nice that you believe in a geocentric universe, but it's about as true as saying you're a cat.

quote:

Originally posted by whatadoll:

I absolutely believe in evolution.

There is far too much evidence for it to be false.

I am not religious, so I see evolution in an entirely unreligious way. All the facts make sense, the theory works out, my brain is happy.

Infact I really don't understand the whole religious thing. There's also scientific proof that people have a natural need to explain their existence and the point of their lives. It's a certain part of their brains. Therefore almost every human culture in the world has come up with their own individual and different form of a greater being/s.

Look at yourself. You honestly thing you came from an "explosion" of some sort? Everything is so intricate and carefully designed. There is no way it could happen by chance.

There are too many things disproving evolution for me to believe it and also, as a christian, I believe that we were created by God.

quote:

Originally posted by whatadoll:

I absolutely believe in evolution.

There is far too much evidence for it to be false.

I am not religious, so I see evolution in an entirely unreligious way. All the facts make sense, the theory works out, my brain is happy.

Infact I really don't understand the whole religious thing. There's also scientific proof that people have a natural need to explain their existence and the point of their lives. It's a certain part of their brains. Therefore almost every human culture in the world has come up with their own individual and different form of a greater being/s.

Look at yourself. You honestly thing you came from an "explosion" of some sort? Everything is so intricate and carefully designed. There is no way it could happen by chance.

There are too many things disproving evolution for me to believe it and also, as a christian, I believe that we were created by God.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

Well, it's not possible for me to believe I'm a cat since I'm sitting on a computer now is it? [Roll Eyes]

Just because you believe the things you do, doesn't make them true.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Blatantly wrong huh?

Interesting thought.

Well, it's not possible for me to believe I'm a cat since I'm sitting on a computer now is it? [Roll Eyes]

Just because you believe the things you do, doesn't make them true.

haha I love debates like this, no one is ever going to get anywhere. Do you expect us to say "Oh gee, I never thought about it that way, I'm going to become an evolutionist now!" Say it with me: Nooo!

[Yay]

haha I love debates like this, no one is ever going to get anywhere. Do you expect us to say "Oh gee, I never thought about it that way, I'm going to become an evolutionist now!" Say it with me: Nooo!

[Yay]

quote:

Originally posted by TxBarrelBabe:

[Yay]

No, that's why I don't try to convert people like you. I couldn't care less whether or not you agree with me.

quote:

Originally posted by TxBarrelBabe:

[Yay]

No, that's why I don't try to convert people like you. I couldn't care less whether or not you agree with me.