Sign in to follow this  
Great_Whitey

What dogs don't shed?

Weiner dogs!!

[big Grin]

Skeeter, she has a more wire-y coat and sometimes her hairs will come off on you, but rarely. You only notice in on my black fleece sweathshirt. [Razz]

And Duga, he's got a really short coat and he doesn't shed at all. Plus he's super soft.

The thing about these dogs is if you get one, you might as well get another if you don't have another dog for them to play with. Because they will develop BAD habits and get cranky really easily if they don't have a pal to play with. Skeeter always ate garbage and was really bad about going to the bathroom in the house and was very irratable and mean before we got Duga. She was at the vets every other week for eating some kind of wrapper that she digged outta the trash. Once Duga came along though she dropped all of those habits.

-

-

-

-

Plus, they are the funniest dogs. They still play like they're puppies. And they are very snuggley. They're precious. [big Grin]

[ 09-04-2006, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: barrelracer17 ]

People, quit spreading false information. Doodles shed just as much as other dogs. Purebred poodles do not shed. Doodles can and do. Furthermore they are bred by irresponsible breeders trying to make money. If you want a doodle, just get a poodle.

Joc I have always loved your two dogs, they are so adorable. I was thinking of if they shedded or not the other day when I was looking at ads, couldn't remember the name though. Isn't their real names dashcunds or something?

Thanks for the info everyone.

My list right now does not include a Chinese Crested, thank you Debbie lol... Hairless dogs and cats are not my favorite...

Maggie, I also thought about a beagle...I really like them, I know someone who has one. But I don't want that someone around and I think if I got one he'd be liable to try his crap again. Some of you know who he is.

Gosh I really would like to get a lab-rhodesian cross...I love both the breeds and if it didn't shed that would be awesome. I found a free cross the other day, but I bet I won't be able to find it again...and they are probably big dogs considering the cross...lol nothing wants to work.

Thinking right now my list has...

Maltese

mini schnauzer

westie

A weiner dog lol

I also wanted to ask Mack what kind of dog Bonnie is because I suck at remembering stuff.

Joc I have always loved your two dogs, they are so adorable. I was thinking of if they shedded or not the other day when I was looking at ads, couldn't remember the name though. Isn't their real names dashcunds or something?

Thanks for the info everyone.

My list right now does not include a Chinese Crested, thank you Debbie lol... Hairless dogs and cats are not my favorite...

Maggie, I also thought about a beagle...I really like them, I know someone who has one. But I don't want that someone around and I think if I got one he'd be liable to try his crap again. Some of you know who he is.

Gosh I really would like to get a lab-rhodesian cross...I love both the breeds and if it didn't shed that would be awesome. I found a free cross the other day, but I bet I won't be able to find it again...and they are probably big dogs considering the cross...lol nothing wants to work.

Thinking right now my list has...

Maltese

mini schnauzer

westie

A weiner dog lol

I also wanted to ask Mack what kind of dog Bonnie is because I suck at remembering stuff.

Go see the link I put up.All dogs shed.Some much more that others.

The dogs that have to be groomed shed less than other short or long hair breeds.

Look at the link I put up.The people here are saying certain breeds do not shed.And they sure do.Take it from a groomer since 1981. [Wink]

Go see the link I put up.All dogs shed.Some much more that others.

The dogs that have to be groomed shed less than other short or long hair breeds.

Look at the link I put up.The people here are saying certain breeds do not shed.And they sure do.Take it from a groomer since 1981. [Wink]

Tuck, I did indeed look at the link. I know all dogs shed to some extent but if it's a dog that doesn't shed like a lab then hey...in my eyes it misewell not shed. I've never seen a dog shed as much as a lab, and this is a dog that gets brushed at the least, every 3-4 days. More often every other day.

Tuck, I did indeed look at the link. I know all dogs shed to some extent but if it's a dog that doesn't shed like a lab then hey...in my eyes it misewell not shed. I've never seen a dog shed as much as a lab, and this is a dog that gets brushed at the least, every 3-4 days. More often every other day.

Miniature schnauzer - people friendly, smart, and loaded with personality! Here's my Bubby:

-

-

[big Grin]

Miniature schnauzer - people friendly, smart, and loaded with personality! Here's my Bubby:

-

-

[big Grin]

See rattus, now I really want one of those lol...Gah...wherre did you get yours though? They're expensive in the paper.

Ferarri-I know there a lot of pit bulls that are nice, I almost got to keep one a year ago, but unfortunately as with most things, people overlook the good with the bad. So my grandparents said no to a pit bull too.

See rattus, now I really want one of those lol...Gah...wherre did you get yours though? They're expensive in the paper.

Ferarri-I know there a lot of pit bulls that are nice, I almost got to keep one a year ago, but unfortunately as with most things, people overlook the good with the bad. So my grandparents said no to a pit bull too.

Get a pomeranian/papillon mix! They are long haired, and sound like they shed. But odly enough they don't! I love my little pompap, and their tiny too!

There is also a scottish terrier, only ours was retarded. *Ugh* bad memoires.

Get a pomeranian/papillon mix! They are long haired, and sound like they shed. But odly enough they don't! I love my little pompap, and their tiny too!

There is also a scottish terrier, only ours was retarded. *Ugh* bad memoires.

quote:

Originally posted by Jacks:

We got Bubby from a newspaper add but he was already a year old so we didn't pay that much for him. And he's AKC registered.

You might try running an add in the paper offering a good home for a free/cheap schnauzer, leave your info with your local humane organization so they can call you if they get one in, or try FL schnauzer rescues. I just Googled "Florida schnauzer rescues" and came up with plenty. Also take a look at www.petfinder.com

Keep in mind that rescues can be expensive also and, more often than not, have mostly older dogs available.

[smile]

quote:

We got Bubby from a newspaper add but he was already a year old so we didn't pay that much for him. And he's AKC registered.

You might try running an add in the paper offering a good home for a free/cheap schnauzer, leave your info with your local humane organization so they can call you if they get one in, or try FL schnauzer rescues. I just Googled "Florida schnauzer rescues" and came up with plenty. Also take a look at www.petfinder.com

Keep in mind that rescues can be expensive also and, more often than not, have mostly older dogs available.

[smile]

Nice picture lol...Kinda a scary lookin dog either way lol.

Thanks rattus...still thinking about adopting in the back of my mind. Not like I'm looking to breed or show or anything, so papers don't matter to me. Maybe I'd not have to pay as much without papers?

Nice picture lol...Kinda a scary lookin dog either way lol.

Thanks rattus...still thinking about adopting in the back of my mind. Not like I'm looking to breed or show or anything, so papers don't matter to me. Maybe I'd not have to pay as much without papers?

quote:

Maybe I'd not have to pay as much without papers?

Yep, usually an unpapered or older dog won't cost as much. There are other advantages to adopting an older (anything older than a puppy) dog also - generally they have already been house broken, leash trained, etc.

I actually never bothered with Bubby's papers because he's just a pet, no intentions of showing or breeding him.

quote:

Maybe I'd not have to pay as much without papers?

Yep, usually an unpapered or older dog won't cost as much. There are other advantages to adopting an older (anything older than a puppy) dog also - generally they have already been house broken, leash trained, etc.

I actually never bothered with Bubby's papers because he's just a pet, no intentions of showing or breeding him.