Sign in to follow this  
maskmeashadow

New Puppy *Update w/more pics*

Here is that new puppy I got tonight

-She is a sable and white collie. Born October 1st, 2007. She has an umbilical hernia but it won't affect her at all. I named her Kaya because I love that show and it's a beautiful name. She is so sweet and I love her. My boy puppy does too. But a bit much he discovered that he was a boy and she was a girl ;P(if ya get the drift lol)

-The other dog is my puppy, Jake, that I have had since may. He is a tri colored sheltie. He was born in February and will be a year old in 2008. She still towers over him even though she is much younger. He has a cute little delicate head and is very petite, probably a foot from the top of his head to the ground. He has a pom. type body for some reason but he is pure sheltie. He loves Kaya

Kaya and Jake

[ 12-29-2007, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Maskmeashadow ]

Here is that new puppy I got tonight

-She is a sable and white collie. Born October 1st, 2007. She has an umbilical hernia but it won't affect her at all. I named her Kaya because I love that show and it's a beautiful name. She is so sweet and I love her. My boy puppy does too. But a bit much he discovered that he was a boy and she was a girl ;P(if ya get the drift lol)

-The other dog is my puppy, Jake, that I have had since may. He is a tri colored sheltie. He was born in February and will be a year old in 2008. She still towers over him even though she is much younger. He has a cute little delicate head and is very petite, probably a foot from the top of his head to the ground. He has a pom. type body for some reason but he is pure sheltie. He loves Kaya

Kaya and Jake

[ 12-29-2007, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Maskmeashadow ]

That is one GORGEOUS puppy.

Those are my dream dogs. I had one growing up, he was a tri colored though, but your puppy is just as adorable.

Congrats..

That is one GORGEOUS puppy.

Those are my dream dogs. I had one growing up, he was a tri colored though, but your puppy is just as adorable.

Congrats..

thank you everyone! I took both pups out on a walk today and the collie was being a sweetie but Jake just would not sit still and calm down. And yes to those of you that wondered he is getting fixed probably in January(more than likely but definitely before she is of breeding age). She will be spayed at 6 months also.

thank you everyone! I took both pups out on a walk today and the collie was being a sweetie but Jake just would not sit still and calm down. And yes to those of you that wondered he is getting fixed probably in January(more than likely but definitely before she is of breeding age). She will be spayed at 6 months also.

I. Want. A. Collie. So. Bad.

Seriously, ever since I was like 2, I've wanted a collie. So bad. My parent's say they're too furry, but as soon as I'm living on my own and have the money and time for a dog I'm getting a collie!

She's super cute. Keep us updated with pictures. [big Grin]

Seriously, ever since I was like 2, I've wanted a collie. So bad. My parent's say they're too furry, but as soon as I'm living on my own and have the money and time for a dog I'm getting a collie!

She's super cute. Keep us updated with pictures. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by cowgirlspirit203:

aww cute!

I have shelties!

such good dogs
[big Grin]

if only i could stop the shedding deal haha

lol I know what you mean luckily both my sheltie and collie are going to be shaved for summer so I only have to take of the really long fur in the winter

quote:

Originally posted by cowgirlspirit203:

aww cute!

I have shelties!

such good dogs
[big Grin]

if only i could stop the shedding deal haha

lol I know what you mean luckily both my sheltie and collie are going to be shaved for summer so I only have to take of the really long fur in the winter

quote:

Originally posted by -half halt-:

She's super cute. Keep us updated with pictures.
[big Grin]

Collies are such great dogs, so clever and willing to please. I've had 2 and I will never have a home without a Collie!

Half Halt, you could get a smooth Collie? All the wonderful Collie traits and personality but without all the hair! If the only problem your parents have is long hair, then you might persuade them with a smooth Collie [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by -half halt-:

She's super cute. Keep us updated with pictures.
[big Grin]

Collies are such great dogs, so clever and willing to please. I've had 2 and I will never have a home without a Collie!

Half Halt, you could get a smooth Collie? All the wonderful Collie traits and personality but without all the hair! If the only problem your parents have is long hair, then you might persuade them with a smooth Collie [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by sugarbabe.:

Cute!

Goodness it must be the puppy Christmas...everyones getting new puppies! Makes me want another dog!

it wasn't really a "Hey that dog looks cute lets get him" sort of thing for us though. We had to put my elderly dog to sleep and my puppy would've been lost without another dog so as much as we put it off we finally called to get her. I understand exactly what you mean by that though I keep seeing everybody has new dogs.

[ 12-29-2007, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Maskmeashadow ]

quote:

Originally posted by sugarbabe.:

Cute!

Goodness it must be the puppy Christmas...everyones getting new puppies! Makes me want another dog!

it wasn't really a "Hey that dog looks cute lets get him" sort of thing for us though. We had to put my elderly dog to sleep and my puppy would've been lost without another dog so as much as we put it off we finally called to get her. I understand exactly what you mean by that though I keep seeing everybody has new dogs.

[ 12-29-2007, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Maskmeashadow ]

[update]

We think she is narcoleptic. She gets excited and will start running then she will just plop over and kinda sleep. I knew something was wrong the first night we had her when she started sleeping. She was breathing really hard and fast and when I would lift her head she wouldn't get up and move. I could move her around and she wouldn't do anything. Every few seconds she would make this grunt sound and stretch her legs and squirm but she was still out of it. I asked my mom if she was dying or what(seriously I was worried). It only lasted a couple a minutes but it was scary. I had her in yesterday and she was playing with Jake. They were running at a jump and she just fell over right before the jump and Jake had to turn around and go check on her. Today if you look at the pics you can see where she fell over running through the tunnel.

Anyways, she is doing fine other than that. Growing of course. My cats are terrified of her(they love Jake for some reason). She is learning how to sit, shake, agility, lay down, and walks on leash. So far she is succeeding most at walking on the leash around town and sitting. When I have her jump she only does it 50 percent of the time(she walks and stumbles over the other 50 lol). Still trying to break her of chewing on random stuff and digging in the flower pot sitting in the kitchen(there is nothing but dirt in it).

Well heres the pics-and thanks if you got throught his whole message

Kaya and Jake 12/29/07

[update]

We think she is narcoleptic. She gets excited and will start running then she will just plop over and kinda sleep. I knew something was wrong the first night we had her when she started sleeping. She was breathing really hard and fast and when I would lift her head she wouldn't get up and move. I could move her around and she wouldn't do anything. Every few seconds she would make this grunt sound and stretch her legs and squirm but she was still out of it. I asked my mom if she was dying or what(seriously I was worried). It only lasted a couple a minutes but it was scary. I had her in yesterday and she was playing with Jake. They were running at a jump and she just fell over right before the jump and Jake had to turn around and go check on her. Today if you look at the pics you can see where she fell over running through the tunnel.

Anyways, she is doing fine other than that. Growing of course. My cats are terrified of her(they love Jake for some reason). She is learning how to sit, shake, agility, lay down, and walks on leash. So far she is succeeding most at walking on the leash around town and sitting. When I have her jump she only does it 50 percent of the time(she walks and stumbles over the other 50 lol). Still trying to break her of chewing on random stuff and digging in the flower pot sitting in the kitchen(there is nothing but dirt in it).

Well heres the pics-and thanks if you got throught his whole message

Kaya and Jake 12/29/07