Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

What's "in" This Year?

I haven't shown at all this year. Hoping to the Fourth of July weekend. A friend of mine told me that judges are no longer looking for slow Western Pleasure horses, of course they wont want the four-beat look, but she said slow is out.

Also, what's the style this year. Still the same shirts with the blingy cuff/collars?

My new showmanship is almost down. It's brown, I'm never in when it comes to my outfits, lol [since my Mom makes them and all].

Thanks.

Any friendly tips about what is in is lovely. I am thinking I might even show HUS this year. That'd be a first.

I haven't shown at all this year. Hoping to the Fourth of July weekend. A friend of mine told me that judges are no longer looking for slow Western Pleasure horses, of course they wont want the four-beat look, but she said slow is out.

Also, what's the style this year. Still the same shirts with the blingy cuff/collars?

My new showmanship is almost down. It's brown, I'm never in when it comes to my outfits, lol [since my Mom makes them and all].

Thanks.

Any friendly tips about what is in is lovely. I am thinking I might even show HUS this year. That'd be a first.

Well slow is still the way to go. Not dragging their feet obviously, but no one has gotten completely rid of the slow going. No four beating still! Ha ha, thank God.

And outfits this year, are more patterned shirts with beads and sparkle on them, rather then the shirts with purely the crystals and applique. And brown will be nice [big Grin]

Well slow is still the way to go. Not dragging their feet obviously, but no one has gotten completely rid of the slow going. No four beating still! Ha ha, thank God.

And outfits this year, are more patterned shirts with beads and sparkle on them, rather then the shirts with purely the crystals and applique. And brown will be nice [big Grin]

i've been watching the paint world show lately.

as far as fashion...i'm seeing crystals and sparkles and rhinestones, et cetera to a degree like never before.

and a lot of royal or sky blue.

i've been watching the paint world show lately.

as far as fashion...i'm seeing crystals and sparkles and rhinestones, et cetera to a degree like never before.

and a lot of royal or sky blue.

I think you are going to see more glitz and bling at World Shows, but the every day AQHA and APHA shows you see more of what Slow Motion is seeing. I have different outfits for the different shows. I save my more expensive blingy outfits for the bigger shows and the cheaper, but nice less blingy outfits for the less fancy, usually are outdoor shows. I only wear my white hat in SMS outside, the rest of the show I either wear my black or silver belly.

I think you are going to see more glitz and bling at World Shows, but the every day AQHA and APHA shows you see more of what Slow Motion is seeing. I have different outfits for the different shows. I save my more expensive blingy outfits for the bigger shows and the cheaper, but nice less blingy outfits for the less fancy, usually are outdoor shows. I only wear my white hat in SMS outside, the rest of the show I either wear my black or silver belly.

Alrighty, thanks!

I'm going to have to have my Mom make me a new show shirt. I was thinking a blue and tan to match my tan chaps.

And I really didn't think slow would go out like that, that's why I figured I'd ask you all who show more, thanks :]

Alrighty, thanks!

I'm going to have to have my Mom make me a new show shirt. I was thinking a blue and tan to match my tan chaps.

And I really didn't think slow would go out like that, that's why I figured I'd ask you all who show more, thanks :]

quote:

Originally posted by SilverCharm:

Same! I hate cleaning the blingy ones after only a day at a small, dusty outdoor show. But I only have a white hat so I wear it everywhere, and it has gone trough a bit, including being pooped on by a bird. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by SilverCharm:

Same! I hate cleaning the blingy ones after only a day at a small, dusty outdoor show. But I only have a white hat so I wear it everywhere, and it has gone trough a bit, including being pooped on by a bird. [big Grin]

I've been pooped on by a bird too while riding, but not on my white hat! [Razz]

My daughter is loving Whinny and while she was in Europe I showed Whinny at a couple of shows in halter, trail and showmanship and picked up 3 1/2 open halter points just filling a class for a halter horse! Even got a reserve under one judge when the horse we were filling for got DQ'd one day for rearing and flipping over, it was yearling. We also picked up trail and showmanship points too. And all those halter points helped her win a belt buckle for high point open senior horse!

Have you been showing lately? We are missing Black Hills Summer Circuit and the Energy Capital Circuit in Wyoming this year. We do plan on showing at The Scottsdale Classic again. Maybe you will be there?

I've been pooped on by a bird too while riding, but not on my white hat! [Razz]

My daughter is loving Whinny and while she was in Europe I showed Whinny at a couple of shows in halter, trail and showmanship and picked up 3 1/2 open halter points just filling a class for a halter horse! Even got a reserve under one judge when the horse we were filling for got DQ'd one day for rearing and flipping over, it was yearling. We also picked up trail and showmanship points too. And all those halter points helped her win a belt buckle for high point open senior horse!

Have you been showing lately? We are missing Black Hills Summer Circuit and the Energy Capital Circuit in Wyoming this year. We do plan on showing at The Scottsdale Classic again. Maybe you will be there?

I just got into WP, but I learn fast. I know that mechanical gaits are totally OUT. The judges want slow(yes), but they want to see your horse move naturally. 4 beat walk, 2 beat jog, and a 3 beat lope. Nothing more or less.

As far as fashion...I'm not the one to ask. [Razz]

I just got into WP, but I learn fast. I know that mechanical gaits are totally OUT. The judges want slow(yes), but they want to see your horse move naturally. 4 beat walk, 2 beat jog, and a 3 beat lope. Nothing more or less.

As far as fashion...I'm not the one to ask. [Razz]

Yeah, I've noticed lots of bling/sparkles and the blues, purples, pinks, and patterns.

And as far as pleasure, it seems to have only gotten slower, but they still want it natural-looking. IMO, the English looks like it's getting slower, too, maybe... [Confused]

Yeah, I've noticed lots of bling/sparkles and the blues, purples, pinks, and patterns.

And as far as pleasure, it seems to have only gotten slower, but they still want it natural-looking. IMO, the English looks like it's getting slower, too, maybe... [Confused]

That's really good to hear about Whinny! Good job with her.

And as for shows this year, we aren't going to many, I'm just starting high-school (grade 10 here) and will be really busy. I actually think we are going to Scottsdale. We are also going to Rapid City, and the Youth World show this year! [Razz]

That's really good to hear about Whinny! Good job with her.

And as for shows this year, we aren't going to many, I'm just starting high-school (grade 10 here) and will be really busy. I actually think we are going to Scottsdale. We are also going to Rapid City, and the Youth World show this year! [Razz]

We aren't going to Rapid City this year partially because my best friend's husband died and his services are on the 12th. [Frown]

And no youth world until next year when my daughter wants to at least state qualify then with Whinny. Since she went to Europe she couldn't get enough shows in to try and qualify this year plus we will be in Kauai during part of Youth World. Good luck to you there! I assume you are showing Sheila instead of Lucy?

So, hopefully we can meet at The Scottsdale Classic. My daughter is starting her sophomore this year also. Hopefully homecoming isn't the same weekend again. That's why we didn't go last year.

Oh, and Scott liked my Horsemanship better than the other judge at our Mile High Classic. They were very far apart on their places in both novice amateur and amateur. I think the other judge liked thin and tall riders. I am average height and weight.

We aren't going to Rapid City this year partially because my best friend's husband died and his services are on the 12th. [Frown]

And no youth world until next year when my daughter wants to at least state qualify then with Whinny. Since she went to Europe she couldn't get enough shows in to try and qualify this year plus we will be in Kauai during part of Youth World. Good luck to you there! I assume you are showing Sheila instead of Lucy?

So, hopefully we can meet at The Scottsdale Classic. My daughter is starting her sophomore this year also. Hopefully homecoming isn't the same weekend again. That's why we didn't go last year.

Oh, and Scott liked my Horsemanship better than the other judge at our Mile High Classic. They were very far apart on their places in both novice amateur and amateur. I think the other judge liked thin and tall riders. I am average height and weight.

Yes, I'm showing Sheila at the World Show but Lucy will be coming with me to Rapid City. I'm really sorry to hear about your friends husband. [Angel]

And I just never get the order right for sophomore and junior and all that you guys say down there. So I'll stick with the numbers. Haha, anyways, that'd be really fun if your daughter showed at Scottsdale if we were there. We'd probably end up competing against eachother in something.

Yes, I'm showing Sheila at the World Show but Lucy will be coming with me to Rapid City. I'm really sorry to hear about your friends husband. [Angel]

And I just never get the order right for sophomore and junior and all that you guys say down there. So I'll stick with the numbers. Haha, anyways, that'd be really fun if your daughter showed at Scottsdale if we were there. We'd probably end up competing against eachother in something.

Here's a little US hint, freshman is ninth, sophomore is tenth, junior is eleventh and senior is twelfth. [smile]

Depending on how much Shannon and Whinny learn together by October she may only show in the novice youth classes except for maybe Trail and Halter. My daughter said when Holly saw Whinny in English she had a shocked look on her face. [Wink] Whinny has a real pretty trot and can move out well for HSE and they just were out of the points at their first show in HSE.

Here's a little US hint, freshman is ninth, sophomore is tenth, junior is eleventh and senior is twelfth. [smile]

Depending on how much Shannon and Whinny learn together by October she may only show in the novice youth classes except for maybe Trail and Halter. My daughter said when Holly saw Whinny in English she had a shocked look on her face. [Wink] Whinny has a real pretty trot and can move out well for HSE and they just were out of the points at their first show in HSE.

Oh I can't imagine little Whinny trotting out. I can just imagine her and her little trail trot. And I'm in novice in everything but horsemanship, showmanship and equitation.

Oh I can't imagine little Whinny trotting out. I can just imagine her and her little trail trot. And I'm in novice in everything but horsemanship, showmanship and equitation.