Sign in to follow this  
lippyswm

Affraid of my horses

I don't think that you really ever get the little knot out of your gut when you have to get back on, no matter how many times you get dumped, but we do it anyway. Also, something no one else has seemed to mention is that you hit him in the flank right. Well, I don't know very many horses that won't at least try and dump you for kicking them in the flanks. It just sounds like one of those freak accident errors. I would give him another shot before I shipped him off for good.

I don't think that you really ever get the little knot out of your gut when you have to get back on, no matter how many times you get dumped, but we do it anyway. Also, something no one else has seemed to mention is that you hit him in the flank right. Well, I don't know very many horses that won't at least try and dump you for kicking them in the flanks. It just sounds like one of those freak accident errors. I would give him another shot before I shipped him off for good.

slick, nobody did mention the fact that I slapped him in the flank (not on purpose just a reflex) He was in a bad mood because the new horse was in his field and in his stall. He wanted to see him and I said NO we are going to ride. He stopped at the fence and wouldnt go so I pulled him away and slapped him in the flank. All **** broke loose after that. Im going to ride him tomorrow. I need to get over it. I use to ride much worse horses then him. Much younger of corse at the time but none the less worse then anything he did. Im going to keep him there for another month.

slick, nobody did mention the fact that I slapped him in the flank (not on purpose just a reflex) He was in a bad mood because the new horse was in his field and in his stall. He wanted to see him and I said NO we are going to ride. He stopped at the fence and wouldnt go so I pulled him away and slapped him in the flank. All **** broke loose after that. Im going to ride him tomorrow. I need to get over it. I use to ride much worse horses then him. Much younger of corse at the time but none the less worse then anything he did. Im going to keep him there for another month.